Has anyone tried SpiderWire Stealth Braid?

What is the best braided line?

Power Pro
56%
Stren Super Braid
11%
Other
33%

Total votes: 18

MartinD

Has anyone tried SpiderWire Stealth Braid?

Post by MartinD »

OPINIONS WANTED REGARDING THIS LINE.

GOOD OR BAD

Thanks, Martin Dehaven
May the Fish be with you
gt5bass

Re: Has anyone tried SpiderWire Stealth Braid?

Post by gt5bass »

I use it for fishing most of my top water baits. No problems with it at all.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

Ive used it for many things (flipping, blades, etc). I liked it and it never gave me any trouble.

Paul W
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

hi,

i have only used stren, tuffline, and power pro...all very great product. they are all strong. just take care of it like your other lines, cut and retie when needed.
the stren amd power pro i use the sizes of 30, 40 and 50..no problems. tuff line i use 65 and that is for my ribbits. alot of my braid have 100% florocarbon leaders too.........i am on the way to trying out suffix soon too but braid last pretty long and have not came around to spooling any on yet.

saLTIE-
bassdude28

Post by bassdude28 »

I started using Spiderwire Stealth a few months ago and I like it's durability and strength. I have pulled a few 6 pound hawgs with about 10 lbs of slop on them that I may have otherwise lost with lines other than braided.
The only thing is on the first few casts the line feels like it's sticking to itself on the reel. Once the line gets some moisture it seems to loosen up. Has anyone else had this happen?
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I've used 65# Stealth braid for all my topwater ever since my trip to Brazil and fishing for Peacocks on the Amazon. I got a real eye opener to what was good braid and what was mediocre. Of the various brands of braids and superlines I took with me, by the end of the 2nd day, all 5 of my reels were spooled with Stealth. For me, I like the Stealth for froggin' and poppers as the line floats and allows me to fish these baits on a slack line. Both of these baits I tend to fish slower with subtle rod tip pops to create thedesired action, that nice walk of the frog and the bloop bloop of the poppers. I've had annomolies when it git's real windy though and git big wind blown bows that make it tough to fish the two baits the way I like to do so.

The past four months I have actually began using Berkely's 50# Gorilla braid. I've been using it on my Spooks, buzzers and Chuggers. One thing I've noticed the past 4-6 weeks, I have better control of my baits in the wind. I don't seem to git the big wind blown bow like I git with the Stealth floating braid, as Gorilla is a little more dense and tends to sink some. Both Stealth and Gorilla are very strong braids and I have never boken the line off on a hookset or casts like I have with some of the others. I'm looking forward to the striper season to test Gorilla to it's fullest with that topwater bite that's comming!

Hey BassDude, use KVD's Lure & Reel conditioner, it will resolve that problem and allow yer braid to cast much better all the time.
bassdude28

Post by bassdude28 »

I've heard about the KVD line conditioner, I'll give it a shot. Thanks
Max

Post by Max »

I use it for flip-shotting and haven't had any problems. They have a high visibility yellow color that makes it easy to see your bites. Combine it with a flourocarbon leader and you are ready for action.
Trace

Post by Trace »

What's happenin' Martin.
Stealth is my favorite.

Tracy Patton