AMADOR BITE TOUGH

Dom

AMADOR BITE TOUGH

Post by Dom »

Man we just got back and the fish on Amador got LOCK JAW BIG TIME! In 3 days and one night of fishing I caught one 4lb'er off the dam on a double buzzer. I tried it all they were deep and would not even hit a drop shot. On the positive side it was beautiful weather and we all had a good time.

Tight Lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom
ownfl4g

Re: AMADOR BITE TOUGH

Post by ownfl4g »

Yah i had the same problem last time i went, they were feeding on shad though like crazy.
Max

Post by Max »

I feel your pain. We did the same thing on Saturday. Caught a 4 lbr with a spook early in the morning then nothing until a dropshot fish around noon. Fished top to bottom and threw everything in the boat at them. Oh well, it was a nice day not to be working.
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

Quick note for you guys who struggle at Amador. I fish this lake a lot and I will tell ya when the bite is tough all you need to do to have a very productive trip is to speed up on your retrieve like I mean double fast. Me and a partner of mine go to this lake a lot and throw a lot of baits but the key is the retrieval needs to be quick and this triggers strikes. Kind of weird but try it I know it works we just had a 20 fish day doing this very thing. If you’re going to throw a crank bait rip that bait as fast as you can back to the boat. If you’re throwing top water work what bait like no other. If you’re throwing a blade burn that bait all the way back to the boat. Next time your there and try this method let me know how you do.

Mike.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Through the years, Amador has been known as one of the most ON-OFF lakes around. The shad and trout and plentiful and they can feed on whatever - whenever!!