I heard this yesterday

For political discussions
MIKE TREMONT

I heard this yesterday

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

On a local talk show in Sacramento.
A vetran from Iraq called in to voice his opinion on some of the BS they are going through on the front line.
He said that they (in thier forward observation post) had to call into a command center before the engage the enemy, even if they are getting attacked!
I caught two of his examples. The first one they were getting mortar shells lobbed at them. As the enemy was zeroing on their position from a nieghboring village, our guys were able to pinpoint where they were so they could take them out. First they needed permission from headquaters, it was denied.
The second example they were observing some young terroists planting IED's. They (us) had recently lost some men and equiptment from some IED's. As these terroists were planting thier bombs our snipers had them in thier sights and could of taken them out, but were once again denied.
I know I was not there. I will not pass a judgement on our leaders, but hearing this young mans anquish and frustration really got me thinking. If we are fighting for our civilization, if these examples are true, why are they tying thier hands?
I just pray that someone in power has the smarts not to repeat some of the brutal lessons we learned in the past.
We brought the fight to them. They started this. Lets be the great country we are and finish this.
I'm not a war monger and hate to see anyone get hurt, but we've been trying to talk our way around this for years, what else can we do?
I had to come back...I know...