War on Terror

For political discussions
Dan McKenzie

War on Terror

Post by Dan McKenzie »

I believe as has been suggested elsewhere and also by Pres. Bush, that we as a people and a Nation are in the "fight for civilization". Islamic zealots/radicals are intent on destroying our way of life, this was clearly proven on 9.11.

I would'nt put myself in any single category (conservative/liberal) I cannot fully align my beliefs with either one, my vote comes from my gut, my personal beliefs, it has crossed different lines at times but generally falls on the side of less government intrusion, fair taxes, pro-business (because not everyone can be an entrepenur) strong criminal justice and zero tolerance for molestors, rapists and murderers the lowest forms of life. I believe this is centrist, I also believe most Americans fall somewhere in the middle. I don't want to have someones religous beliefs shoved down my throat, I hate that topics like abortion take center stage in elections, that is B.S., I'm fine with it if it's outlawed, I don't plan on getting one anyhow. If your against them DON'T go out and have one.

My real rant is this. If Americans like Cindy what's her face don't pull there proverbial head out of you know where we are in big trouble Buster. Iraq is the back door to Iran, thats why we're there, deal with it. I believed along with everyone else, still do, that there were WMDs in Iraq, it definately would have made it easier had there been. But Iran, the country that believes there is no place on earth for infadels (all of us non-muslims) these people have no-business having nuclear weapons, not now, not ever. If it takes attacking them then I must stand behind it, I don't want anyones children to die, I also don't wan't to face Mecca 3x a day, if I got to load up the 7 MM and stand guard in front of my house then thats just what I gotta do.

I believe in the DRAFT!!!! Take some of these hoods and sic em' on the bad dudes, let's see what their made of, lord knows they're not doing anything productive hanging out on the streets. I would pay to watch a reality show on hoods in Marine boot camp. I would also make certain every politician with children did'nt get any special passes or duty, I am guessing Bush didn't serve any latrine duty! A 2 year mandatory service for everyone is the right, just and fair way to deal with personnel shortages.

Someone also suggested it's a long road ahead, you can bank on it. I don't think the big guns have even warmed up at this point and what comes next will no doubt be alot uglier than what we've seen to date.

Americans have been well protected by our government for most of the 20th century, we have enjoyed prosperity beyond what any other nation has ever known, it may just be the bill is due and it's time to pay up or shut up. Countless generations have fought for and payed for our freedom up to this point, now the time has come for the X and Y generations to step up to bat. I wonder how this will all turn out? I guess we'll just have to tune it to find out.

Peace, it would be a great thing, but it just isn't in the cards, never really has been. As long as there are religous radicals, facists and dictators there better be an American G.I. close behind to keep em in check.

I believe in America, I believe our country will prevail, I have faith that her sons will once again stand up and be counted just as they have done so throughout our history. It's that or get one of those funny hats.
Otay Michael

Re: War on Terror

Post by Otay Michael »

Kissinger warns of possible "war of civilizations"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060913/ts ... ackseurope
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Dewayne

Re: War on Terror

Post by Dewayne »

Like you I too tend to cross lines and therefor now consider myself an indipendant rather than a republican.

We have a huge problem with this war. In most wars you are fighting a government or the people of a country. You overtake the country and you win the war. It's pretty simple. With a war on terrorism I do not see how you can ever truely win. There is no "home land". They can attack from anywhere in the world even within our boarders or other USA friendly countries. It only takes a small group with some money to keep terrorism alive. Right now they call Pakistan home and as bush said we will not go into Pakistan. Although the Pakistani goverment is opposed to them too many citizens side with them and will hide them.

My fear is that we will always see some level of terrorism. The money we are spending occupying Iraq could better be spent on improved intelligence capability, port hardening, strike attacks on strongholds, and securing our borders. These things will provide longer term security. They cannot win this war through attacks. Their best hope is that continued attacks will force us to make foolish decisions that will cause us to spend our way out of being the most powerful country in the world.
Dewayne