Osprey rod rack?

Trace

Osprey rod rack?

Post by Trace »

Does anyone know how to contact Osprey products to order a quick draw rod rack? The link doesn't work for me or the number 888 965-7225. Thanks
basstamer

Re: Osprey rod rack?

Post by basstamer »

yeah I was gonna try and order one too-maybe their performance or lack of in the past finally got em? I know there have been alot of complaints on here about them taking forever for orders to arrive and that they wouldnt return phone calls and such. They have great products but in the past you've had to be a real patient sole to do business with them. Let me know if you find a way to get ahold of somebody will ya? Thanks
Scott
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

It has always been a one man show! The process to make them is time consuming. I know becuase I used to work for Buck part time while fishing after high school.

Contact him at ospreyprods@earthlink.net

He runs a very successful brick laying business so he is very busy with that.

Kevin Johnson
Phil

Post by Phil »

I TALKED TO BUCK LAST WEEK, HE IS SENDING OUR ORDER OUT WHICH HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH. HE IS A ONE MAN SHOW. WE ARE MOUNTING TWO IN OUR NEW NITRO. PLUS WE ARE GIVING ONE NEW ONE AWAY AT OUR JIGS FALL CLASSIC DONATED BY OSPREY...THANK YOU BUCK

30665 n yosemite
castaic, California 91384
Phone: 661-294-9414
Cell phone 661-713-5114
Fax: 661-294-9875
ospreyprods@earthlink.net

JIGS
Mike

Post by Mike »

You can make your own pretty easy. I did mine in my 488vs. I used a peice of 1/2" plywood, golf tubes and some carpet. First make a Template of the inside of rod locker out of cardboard. Then drill holes the size of the golf tubes equaly spaced out (I made 11), glue on the carpet, cut out the holes and use some L brackets to mount into place. Then just slide in the tubes. I put a drop of hot glue when I slid them in so they would stay. Works great for about 10 bucks.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

and for the other end of the rods? just let them hang there dangling bouncing around? That is the boat of the osprey rod rack. One broken rod and you wished you would of just bought it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

When you put the bottom row of rods in, the next row lay's on them. I've had it in for a year on the Delta in some pretty rough stuff and no broken rods yet. Broke 2 before I installed it.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Good Luck with that. I have seen that time and time again and broken rods. Hope it doesnt happen. The delta sure can get rough.

Kevin
triple trout

Post by triple trout »

I made mine out uhmw which is similiar material to hard plastic choppin blocks. did the same thing as explained above instead of wood i used this cuz wood will wrought eventually and this is cheaper. in the back i got my light pole to use as a guide to mark where the butts of the handles would align in a rack similiar to the front. Just no tubes. I slid the light into the tube and then slid to the plate I mounted with "L" brackets in the last 12" of my rod locker. where the pole hit the piece of uhmw i marked with a pen and then used a hole saw to drill. Works sweet and is rust free. You can also use berkley rod holders on the sides and bottoms of rod lockers with the tips going through the tubes still. both work great and have used them both without a broken rod yet.
My suggestion to you though would be to buy rod socks to protect your guides and eliminates line twisting from bouncing against one another.took less than 2 hours once i had materials. if needed i can take pics. and send ya cheap under 30 bucks total. 20 for golf tubes. If i were to do it again I would not use the tubes . I would instead make 5 larger holes and insert my tips through those in the rod socks of course. less hassle to put away. I never saw an osprey b4 i made mine went offa triton boat i saw ata tournament.
So really for 10 bucks you can make one.
life is short! throw a swimbait and the first blow up, you will have a heart attack!!!

)<((((*>ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ ¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø<*))))>(
cast4showpitch4dough@yahoo.com
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/supertips.htm http://www.bassboatcentral.com/cheaprodholder.htm
Try this.
But as said above try the pro shop or wal mart for the tubs' then plywood carpet and glue I used 3 M SPRAY. But better yet use plywood for the back and a 1-1\2 hole for the butt ends. I can get 18 rods in each rod locker. They are safe and dont move around and it looks nice.

If you need more info E- mail me and i will give you a parts list :?:

LEN
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yep! Thats exactly what mine looks like, exept I have matching carpet on mine. It looks like it was built in there.
buck

Post by buck »

Trace ,sorry for the delay as they have told you on here im a one man show if need to get hold of me call 661 713 5114 thats my cell ( anyone can call its posted on my web site)as for 888 number i had it cancelled :( if anyone needs anything call me their ide be glad to help but takes lil time sometime ty again Buck
buck

Post by buck »

Trace ,sorry for the delay as they have told you on here im a one man show if need to get hold of me call 661 713 5114 thats my cell ( anyone can call its posted on my web site)as for 888 number i had it cancelled :( if anyone needs anything call me their ide be glad to help but takes lil time sometime ty again Buck
Phil

Post by Phil »

BUCK;

GOOD JOB, GLAD TO BE A DEALER OF YOURS FOR OSPREY ROD ORGANIZERS ! ALSO NO BIG DEAL IN THE WAIT, HEY YOU HAVE A BOAT FOR ALONG TIME THEN DECIDE TO PUT ROD RACKS IN YOUR BOAT, A PERSON SHOULD HAVE ORDERED IT WITH THE RACKS !1 PATIENCE IS NEEDED IN THIS WORLD AND YOUR PRICE IS NOT OUT OF LINE.....GOOD PRODUCT...............THIS IS A ONE MAN TACKLE SHOP ALSO SO I KNOW HOW IT IS !

THANKS AGAIN

JIGS
Mr B

Post by Mr B »

I bought an 11 rod rack from Buck for my Port side locker on my 518DVX. It took about 4 weeks to get here but it was well worth the wait. I love it. I would not be without it. Very stable, great protection. and have never had a rod butt fall outof the holder even in the roughest water.
Ya it takes a little while to get to ya but they are a Great product.
No I am not affiliated with them at all.
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Hey Mike ,GREAT POST!! I also have a 488 that I just got,a month ago,and already have lost 1 7' rod to the locker!My fault I knew the locker needed attention.All this info is perfect timing for me as I was kicking around the same idea.Question, did you do anything about the front of the locker?? Or has anybody else out there had experience with this? Mine is short ,the 7 footers just barely make it in!! with flexing.Theres fiberglass that closes the front end of the locker with foam behind that.What I was thinking of doing this weekend is taking out the bow electric panel ,removing the foam,then cuuting out the fiberglass ,opening up the front of the locker,followed by the above conversation??
Any info here would also be much appreciated!!Thanks in advance everyone.
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

golf club tubes are long enough that a broken rod is unlikely. It is a great suggestion, as it sounds like it could take some time to get one from Osprey. Thanks for the perspective.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Trace

Thanks!

Post by Trace »

Bought one from Bob's marine.
basstamer

Just built mine.....

Post by basstamer »

$9.00 for a 1/4 cutting board...Golf tubes for .99 each @ Big 5,$9.00 for a 1 1/4 hole saw,4.99 for jig saw blades and .99 for bamboo skewers.$41.00 and only took me about 2.5 hours TOTAL to build it and it holds...get this....17 rods! As far as the butt ends of the rods just dangling-I installed it at a slight angle and it worked absolutly perfect. Thanks guys for the advice,tips and pics.I saved a bundle and I am happier with this than any I would have bought. I LOVE this website! Tight Lines
Scott
basstamer

Just built mine.....

Post by basstamer »

$9.00 for a 1/4 cutting board...Golf tubes for .99 each @ Big 5,$9.00 for a 1 1/4 hole saw,4.99 for jig saw blades and .99 for bamboo skewers.$41.00 and only took me about 2.5 hours TOTAL to build it and it holds...get this....17 rods! As far as the butt ends of the rods just dangling-I installed it at a slight angle and it worked absolutly perfect. Thanks guys for the advice,tips and pics.I saved a bundle and I am happier with this than any I would have bought. I LOVE this website! Tight Lines
Scott
LEN B

Re: Just built mine.....

Post by LEN B »

basstamer

Re: Just built mine.....

Post by basstamer »

wow that is CHEAP! Decent looking too.
RichN

Post by RichN »

I placed an order for a Single Tier 5 Rod Rack for my Ranger Boat on September 25th and have not been able to get a status on my order. I sent a check for $103.75 and the check has cleared the bank. I do not wish to wait for this item and want to cancel my order.

Please refund my prepay of a Single Tier 5 Rod Rack for my Ranger.

I also sent my request to your email 'ospreyprods@earthlink.net'.

Thank you,
RichN