NutCase Classic Results

Gator

NutCase Classic Results

Post by Gator »

We had 30 people show up to fish our NutCase Folsom event. I will start it off by saying it was freaking cold. 31 degrees by my thermometer at launch time. We fished both sessions, came in and had some great food and an awesome raffle.

I want to personally thank a few people. Scott Shambre for running the scales for me, Cooch and Tony for helping out with the overall logistics, Kent Brown, Norval Chan, Folsom bass team for providing us with some awesome trophies for the event, as well as everyone who fished the event for helping out with a great cause, Sue McKnight.

I want to also say a personal thank you to two very kind people. Rick "Wolfeman" Wolfe and Dave "Big Dave" Mayo. Rick won a Lamiglas rod in the raffle and after the raffle, brought it back to me and said "Auction it to the highest bidder and give the money to the Sue McKnight fund". Dave Mayo was the high bidder and added additional money to the fund. With this additional money, we raised almost $800 for Sue. Thanks again to everyone.

Here are the winners!!
TopNut - Damon Witt - 10.45 lbs
BigNut - Mike Tremont - 4.45 lbs
OddNut - Pat Dilling - 2.25 pound trout
NumbNut - Damon Witt (I'll let him tell ya why!)

Once again, thanks to all who participated and made this another awesome event.
Calistar

Re: NutCase Classic Results

Post by Calistar »

Now THAT was fun. Eventhough it was c-o-l-d and the fish were pretty finicky, I still enjoyed myself. I got to meet a cool bunch of guys from this forum, see old friends, and do a little fishing.

First off I want to thank my boater for today, Dean Sault. Whats that old saying "he's forgotten more (about fishing) than I know"...well thats the case here. Dean taught me all kinds of stuff that I never even thought of. Taught me a new way to look at structure and fish movement and patterns. I can't thank him enough.

Also, thanks to Gator for running the raffle and organizing everything that he did. Excellent Job.

It was also great seeing: my buddy Scott, kb (who won that race??? :wink: ), cooch, mark from Texas (send me a PM, we'll go fishin'), my friend Mike "big fish" Tremont, Damon (you big stud), Marty, Gary W, James, Mista Collins, Dewayne, sTony, D.Mayo, Dan, and everyone else I met out there. Great Food, Great Fun...
NaCl

Big thanks to the NCC staff....great job!

Post by NaCl »

I haven't been able to fish a NCC for a while and had forgotten how much fun they are. Thank you to the guys who put on the event. You made it fun even though I froze my %&^ off!

I'd also like to thank Greg H, my partner today, for a fun day on the water. He's a great partner...super attitude, nice guy, good angler and, most important...the guy's quick with a net! HaHa! Seriously, every time I participate in one of these events, I make new friends. Today was the same. Sorry I didn't put us on better fish Greg.

Congratulations to Damon and Mike for their accomplishments. I look forward to hearing the stories. I'm particularly interested in how you kept warm all day! LOL!

Sorry I had to leave early...daughter's B'day party this afternoon.

.....NaCl
Lugnut

Re: Big thanks to the NCC staff....great job!

Post by Lugnut »

Sounds like everyone had a great time even though it was cold. Maybe one of these times I can swing a Saturday off (unless it was held on a Sunday...hint, hint, wink, wink :wink: ) and join everyone. I think it would be pretty cool to meet some of the people that post here, sounds like fun.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

wow so mike had bf? good job!!!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Hey I told you I was gonna take home some nuts this time! :lol: Not exactly the ones I had in mind, but I'll settle.

Thanks to Lee and the entire crew for making this a fun event. It was cold yeah, but that's what makes us all Nutcases! Also thanks to all the great cooks for such a great spread of food. I had a great time fishing with James and Dewayne, caught some fish and shared some great stories. James thanks for hosting the poker game and for the use of the spare bedroom.

Finally thanks to all who gave generously to help Sue McKnight. Helping others out has become a tradition of the Nutcase events and is just a reflection of the generous and caring spirit of our fishing community. If you have not made it to one of these events, be watching for the next one and come on out.

See ya all next time

Pat
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

What a great time, I had a great time meeting up with old friends and making new ones, great eats, good fish, good laughs, new friends, and raised some money for the McKnights not a bad day.

Special thanks to Gator and Stony for having this site and coordinating the event. Big thanks to all of the raffle contributors, espeically since I won :) and to 350V RGR for putting us on some nice fish and netting that 4.25 :lol:

I had a great time, it was good to meet some new (to me) faces and freeze along with ya.

PS

Dean the way to stay warm is to catch a 4.25 on your second cast!

Congrat to Damon Witt for Top \ Numb Nut, Pat for Odd nut (this suits you) and Mike (the dink master) for Big NUTS.

Jonathan
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
MaddMaggs

Post by MaddMaggs »

Gator,

Thanks for putting on a great event. Congrats to all the Nuts; Damon, Pat and Mike. It was nice to finally put the faces to the names from this site and to just sit and listen to the stories. A special thanks to my "pros" Dewayne and James. Never been that fast in a boat before what a rush. Looking forward to the spring fling....

Maggs "the military guy"
Scott Shambre

Awesome time...awesome group

Post by Scott Shambre »

It was good to get out and see old familiar faces of friends I haven't seen in awhile despite the wickedly cold temps.

Gator, it was my pleasure and the least I could do to help out with this fun event (we'll get'em better next time). Congrats to the winners of all of the nut awards, Damon even had to use his home-lake advantage to win the numb nut. The food was fantastic and I can't wait for the spring NCC at.....oh yeah Damon named Folsom AGAIN.

Look forward to seeing all of you agian for another fun tournament.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Awesome time...awesome group

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

OK, OK...Lets hear the stories, especially the NUMBNUTS..Damon, give it up..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
JamesH

I nominate May 12th for the Folsom Spring Fling Event.....

Post by JamesH »

What do you think Gator, Damon? Never to soon to plan another....

James
Gator

Re: I nominate May 12th for the Folsom Spring Fling Event...

Post by Gator »

That sounds good - but I was thinking of more along the lines of a earlier spring one (only due to the fact that I will probably be traveling the last two weeks in May for work and will be in Texas for the Rally@Lake Fork on Memorial Day weekend.). Let me check calendars and see if May 12th will work tourney wise. Wonder if we can pry Bonham and Santora away from the Delta and/or Clearlake to come back again?
350V RGR

Post by 350V RGR »

I also had a great time!! Congrats to the Winners!!

SOCB_ Hawghunter you are very welcome the pleasure was all mine. You are always welcome in my boat. Your help at the ramp backing the truck down was appreciated. Not to mention the fun time I had fishing with you.

Cooch- Thanks for saving my butt with that hunk of wood to finish off those Tri-Tips.

Marty- (Cheif) it was good talking to you. I know he already has a seat. But If your Son ever whats to go fishing, let me I'll do my best to get him on the water.

For the rest of the guys, Thanks for making me feel welcomed and allowing me to play. Getting out on the water again in a little competitive way was good for the soul.

Will Mathers
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

So waitaminit . . .

Damon is a Double Nutter??? :lol:
Gator

Post by Gator »

WOW - Big DUH for me. How could I forget to thank Will, aka 350V RGR for providing us all with a box of fish fizzing needles. These things are awesome.

Will - My personal thanks for your contribution. I will send you an email about a story I'd like to do on the needles.
kb

Post by kb »

This was the first time I have been able to make one of the nutcase events and it was a great time. I got to fish with Trace both sessions and I think we were both right on Damon's heels.

Folsom is a great lake and fishing out there will be improving all winter. Thanks to Gator and Tony for talking me into making it out there.

Well for those of you that were not there my good buddy Dewayne won't have to host my radio show for me. He didn't fare too well in the boat race but I will let him tell you guys.......

Thanks for the good times guys and see you all at the shows.

kb
Gator

Post by Gator »

TTTTTWWWWWWEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

FORUM VIOLATION!!!

There was NO OFFICIAL RACE!! I was to be the referee of said race and was otherwise indisposed with weigh ins and getting the propane heater set up (yes, all you guys can say thank later). So all we have is hearsay and boat owner braggin.

I say that we get Mr.'s Bonham and Brown back up to Folsom (or another freakin cold body of water) for a fish and race off. 4 hours of fishing for your best 3 fish and a 1 mile race. Every pound over the other gets you a 100 foot lead on blast off!!

So lets hear it!!
kb

Post by kb »

Overruled Western Bass heater Nazi. The race was witnessed by internet guru and official end all decision maker....Tony Stoltz.

Oh and our partners! Did Dewayne come up with that headstart thing????

He even admitted that he showed up to Folsom with a light load in the boat and not much gas because he knew that little boat race was going to happen.

Nope Dewayne had his chance and is man enough to admit he has now been passed twice in that boat. He does run pretty good though and that 520 of his does lift.

kb
350V RGR

Post by 350V RGR »

Hey Gator,

It should be me thanking you guys. As a matter of fact I am following Scott Shambres led. It is from what he has posted on this site that I have learned.
1. How it should be used and 2. how to make one.

So what ever you want to do to help get these Pen needles into anglers hands. Press on!!

I made a Bone head post awhile back that didn't go the way I had hoped. So I figured I had to be more pro-active and do something insted of just yelling about it.

Will Mathers
Marty

Post by Marty »

Br r r r r … it was fun but chilly, it was outstanding but freezing, and did I tell you it was cold!

Thanks to everyone for letting me join you (did I tell you it was cold?) and enjoying your companionship. I drew two terrific guys to fish with and both were fantastic and did their utmost to make my day pleasurable. Thanks to Dave Mayo and Mike Tremont. You guys can come on down my way and I will show what little I know of the Delta but let us do it in the summer.

There are a few things I don’t understand, Dave took to me to this place where we had to brake ice to fish and then he position the boat to where he cast a shadow (did you know this guy is big) on me when the sun did finely show it’s self. Then Mike took me to the middle of the lake and back seated me. And both keep telling me this is normal for Folsom. Just kidding Guys – Thanks.

As everyone stated already it was good eating and good company.
Will, thanks for the fish fizzing needle that was real cool and very good of you to have them there for everyone. You should think of marketing them. I will let my son know of your offer.
Scott thanks for the hot clam chowder that was good and it warmed me up some.
Rick Wolfe you’re a wild man we going have to party.
GregH let us pre-fish for the Stren on the Delta – I will let you run the front of the boat and I will take the back.

Gator, Tony and Andy it is always a pleasure!

One last story before I sign off – when I got home I was so cold I took a hot shower to warm up. As I was in the shower my grandson (6 years old) walks in and just looks at me and then states – gee Grappa your big then walks out. I put big smile on my face thinking “yep I’m big in the masculine wayâ€
sTony

Post by sTony »

Well it was indeed a lot of fun and very cold. Good to see so many I know and a bunch I'd yet to meet, that's what makes the nutcases such a cool thing.

KB definitely blew Dewayne off the water and it wasn't close folks. No need for a rerun at all, hahaha.

Thanks to all who brought the good grub we all got to feast on after the final weigh in and thanks to Norval for bringing down the rods and baits that were on display.

All in all it was a lot of fun and I sure wish we could do this kind of thing more often.

sTony
Dewayne

Re: Yes Kent

Post by Dewayne »

I bow to your Mercury/Triton on that day it was the faster boat for that run. You won the race, but we will have to have a rematch under warmer conditions.

Gator - Folsom my butt, somewhere warmer. I could not see my gauges through the ice on my eyes.

You were about 5 MPH faster, but since I only hit 66 MPH there was serious driver error. I tried to run it light and it threw off the ballance of the boat. I then over trimmed and never got up to full speed, mine has another 5-6 MPH in her so we will have to do a rematch. Preferably not on a morning where you eyes are frozen after 300 yards. Later that day we made several runs at 71 MPH. They are closer than that race indicated.

I will say that the X2 did run better than I had heard. Maybe next race we can get official observers as judges, We can put a Evinrude guy in your boat (Dobyns comes to mind) and a Mercury guy (Reese will work I guess) in my boat. :D
Dewayne
sTony

Re: Yes Kent

Post by sTony »

Maybe next race we can get official observers as judges, We can put a Evinrude guy in your boat (Dobyns comes to mind) and a Mercury guy (Reese will work I guess) in my boat. Very Happy
Hey now, there is a certain weight disparity there. You get can get both Reese's in your boat and that MIGHT be more fair, hahaha. Sorry BDO!

sTony
Dewayne

Re: Of course

Post by Dewayne »

But Kent is running a 250 and I only have a 225.

Of course my 225 is closer to 250 and his 250 is closer to 275. Still he has the HP advantage.

Are you saying poor Mr. Dobyns weights more than both the Reese brothers? You better hide at the ISEs Tony.
Dewayne
Gator

Re: Of course

Post by Gator »

Nope, he can't hide. When we are at the Sac ISE, I'll be holding a big sign up saying "Tony is RIGHT HERE"! I wanna see this!
mcsanders

Post by mcsanders »

It was a real pleasure meeting you guys. Thanks to all for putting on such a great event. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Hopefully by then I'll have the California fish figured out :)

See you all on the water,

Mark Sanders
NaCl

Not true...it's Dobyns versus Lady Clairol

Post by NaCl »

The wind resistance from Jimmy's hair will offset the extra 200 pounds from the cave man. Should be a fair match.

Dewayne, if running "light" was the problem, why didn't you fill your livewells and ask for a re-run? Hmmmm????? I guess a poor excuse is better than no excuse at all! HaHa!

.....NaCl
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

I want to add my thanks to Gator and his crew for putting together another great NCC. Special thanks to the folks who brought all the great grub, and to the kind folks who donated all the great stuff to the raffle.

My boaters were great as well. Thanks Ed Larson (sp?) for putting us on those nice spots in the morning. It was a pleasure to share your boat, and to make another great NutCase friend. I'll fish with you anytime. And to Bob Santora, we didn't find them but we had a great time. Let's do the Delta next week for some real fish. :-)

It is always great meeting new NutCases and seeing some old nuts. Hadn't seen Pat in a long time. Dave, let me know how that Lami works; you're a stand up guy! Marty, it was great finally meeting you, we difinitely need to fish the Delta. I didn't get around to meeting everyone, but that's what the next one is for. If you didn't make it to this one you should plan on making the next one. These are some of the best people you're going to meet and a great time is always had by all.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we had a standing rule that the NutCase events can't be on the same lake twice in a row. We should be somewhere else for the spring NutCase. And while I'm at it, I am a traditionalist, this whole NutCase thing started when we all got together on a cold winter day in the Delta. So, I think we should have the winter NutCase on the Delta, ever year. It should be the Tradition.

Once again, thanks to everyone for another great event. See you all at the next one.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Dewayne

Re: Not true...it's Dobyns versus Lady Clairol

Post by Dewayne »

Salt,
I did keep my eyes open for him all day, but just never got a good chance. She did pick up once the wells were filled and my eyes thawed out enough to see my gauges. I was busy trying to fish! I came up one fish short. Just was not a good day, always a little short. Anyways, we will let him get the motor off double oil then try it again.

Maybe he can make the Rally!!!! Would love to see how that Merc performs in the heat.
Dewayne
rexford

Post by rexford »

Wolfeman wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we had a standing rule that the NutCase events can't be on the same lake twice in a row. We should be somewhere else for the spring NutCase. And while I'm at it, I am a traditionalist, this whole NutCase thing started when we all got together on a cold winter day in the Delta. So, I think we should have the winter NutCase on the Delta, ever year. It should be the Tradition.

- Wolfeman
Is it still the honor of the "Topnut" from the Classic whom decides
where the winter event will be fished? Not sure what happened to
Dewayne to pick Folsom this year.....(grin) I think the year before
the location was bribed off with a nice donation so we will have to
pass the hat sometime next October to bribe someone.

Sounds like a fun day. I am sorry I missed it.

Will someone post the numbnut story???
Norv

Post by Norv »

Congratulations to all of the fishing and raffle winners.

ESOX Rods, Fishing’ Magician Tackle Co., Put a Sock on It and Toad Thumper Bass Baits were proud to provide sponsorship to your Nut Case Tournament and to be a part of the fundraising effort for Sue McKnight. It was awesome to witness your generosity in fundraising for such a worthy cause.

The companies would like to thank all of the participants that stopped by our displays. I enjoyed meeting many of the Nut Case participants.

ESOX Rods manufactures light, well balanced and sensitive rods. The rods are hand-made with the finest components. They are reported to cast up to 20% further than their competitors. The company is currently recruiting tournament anglers for their outstanding pro staff program. Their web site is www.esoxfishingrods.com.

Fishin' Magician Tackle Company offers the Voo-Doo Bait which takes the original chatter bait to a higher level with high quality components and a custom blade that provides twice the vibration. Please watch their web site for two new baits that will be introduced soon. Their web site is www.fishinmagiciantackle.com.

Put a Sock on It provides rod protectors and lure keepers that protect your rods, lures and boat upholstery. The rod protectors and lure keepers come in many sizes to fit your different rods and lures. Custom sizes are available. Their web site is www.putasockonit.biz.

Toad Thumper Bass Jigs manufactures a wide variety of tournament quality jigs and drop shot weights for the tournament and recreational anglers. The jigs are made with Mustad and Gamakatsu hooks. You can order direct and have the baits delivered to your doorsteps. They can be reached at toadthumperbassjigs@junco.com or (209) 605-2325.

Thanks for allowing us to help sponsor your tournament and I look forward to seeing all of you at other events.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I've been lagging, just getting a chance to get on the computer.

Thanks to EVERYONE for making this the great event is was. Gator you did a great job at the awards and raffle. Just as good, if not better than those guys that run the FBL :D, they were kind of close to that heater, were they helping?
Hey Marty, I just got to reinforce what I was telling you out there, it is quite normal to get back seated in the middle of the lake at Folsom. Wait until you get to the Stren and National Guard events. I had a great afternoon out there with you and really was trying to get you on those buggers. We only had about a half hour left before we got bit. They wanted the bait going uphill with a couple of shakes in betweeen.
I went out by myself in the am portion and got the bigger one. The only one in the am period minus the trout that Scott wouldn't touch. Thanks again Gator, I didn't have to give up any of my good areas. Wait a minute, I'm the Dinkmaster, I have no good area's. I learned a few though, thanks kb. I wasn't spying, but that Triton sticks out like a sore thumb!
To me it's events like this that really make fishing fun. Everyone hanging out afterwards enjoying good food and good company. I had a blast meeting and talking to most of you. I missed a few. Hippie Mark, I hoped we could of met, I just forgot to look for you and don't know what you look like. Good luck with your surgerey. I really hoped BassBones could of made it, may be at the next one.
I had to come back...I know...
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I am still anxious;y waiting for Damon to tell us how he got the NUMBNUTS..Of course it wouldf also be nice to hear how he got the big weights..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
NaCl

I thought that was fog....

Post by NaCl »

setting up on the lake. I didn't realize it was a Merc on double oil! HAR HAR!

.....NaCl
kb

Re: I thought that was fog....

Post by kb »

Is it true we have to salute when we run those Merc's by those flag motors??????

glad you all had a great time

Post by Guest »

I was all set to fish when I recieved a great suppise. I arrived home late friday nite from the NCC poker game and found my brother from Oregon in town on a XMAS visit....It sure was great to see him. Nows he's on to MOMs and I will look for more fishing elsewhere. Wish I could have been there fishing, but I would trade any day on the water for a suppise like that......see y'all soon and everyone have a safe and merry XMAS.

korny
Gator

Re: glad you all had a great time

Post by Gator »

Korny - I was glad to hear from Damon that is what the case was. We were worried that something had happened to ya.

Glad you got two early Christmas presents - seeing your brother and not having to fish a tourney on Folsom!!!

Merry Christmas to you and Da Boss!!
JamesH

Re: glad you all had a great time

Post by JamesH »

Hey Gator, Korny, Pat, Jonathan and Damon. Thanks for helping me break in the new poker table and for not being the first ones to dump their beer on it :D

James
Dan Rechs

Post by Dan Rechs »

I had a blast this year. What a fun event.

Special thanks to Cooch and Gary Collins for letting me stink up the backs of their boats.

I learned a lot from both of you guys and hope to be on your boats again someday.

Thanks for putting this together Gator and sTony. Thanks for the gator aid Gator. I was thirsty.

Mike Tremont, it was good to meet you. I knew I wanted to be on your boat. Your second NCC in a row with a nut. Your on a roll.

Maggs, fishwithwill & NaCl good to meet you guys too. What a great bunch of people.

One more thing, if anyone ever reads a post by Gary "get5bass" Collins and thinks this guy must be crazy! I can testify that that is true. He's nuttier than squirrel turds! Its the good kind of crazy though. Ha.

Dan Rechs
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Had a good time as always. Food was great. Never did find the rent-a-fish hole. Thanks to Gary and Wolfman for keeping me OFF the islands, sorry about the catching part.

Congrats to all who braved the weather and contributed to the raffle.

Look forward to hearing from "Boat Ramp Damon." I launched just before you and had the best view.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Mike,

I was the short little German dude with the Tall good looking curly haired gal sittin in the back of Suzies in the morning. We hung for a bit afterwards but my health has been a issue lately and I needed to get off my feet, thus an early exit after fishing.

Surgey postponed but thanks for the kind words, The wife was glad to weigh in fish!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

We had fun and saw some old freinds Pat, Cooch, Stony (who said I would'nt show) Gator, Dean, Rodger, finally met that Collins dude.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Mike,

I was the short little German dude with the Tall good looking curly haired gal sittin in the back of Suzies in the morning. We hung for a bit afterwards but my health has been a issue lately and I needed to get off my feet, thus an early exit after fishing.

Surgey postponed but thanks for the kind words, The wife was glad to weigh in fish!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

We had fun and saw some old freinds Pat, Cooch, Stony (who said I would'nt show) Gator, Dean, Rodger, finally met that Collins dude.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
Dewayne

Re: Hipster

Post by Dewayne »

Sure you were there! I'm not buying it. I have come to believe that you are actually one of Tony's multiple personalities that he developed during the early days of NCBF. He started posting under that alias to make the site look more popular that it actually was while allowing him to vent his multiple personality disorder. :)

Sorry I missed you again.
DB
Dewayne
Trace

Re: NutCase Classic, Thanks KB

Post by Trace »

Thanks to all the Nutcases who showed up and put on this fun event. Glad to hear we raised some money for a good cause too.

Thanks KB! What a great day on the water. KB put me on a 4# mule. I have fished with KB before and he has not slowed down a bit. After running in the 70's (MPH) on that cold morning, I am now ready for the winter season. I predict in 5 or 6 years he'll run a 300 HP Merc.
Nice to meet some fellow nutcases. I hope to do this thing again.

Trace
Hipster

Re: Dewayne!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hipster »

Dewayne,

Now that I think about it????????? Duh

Did you fish with Pat aka Pol the second session?

If so I was the guy in the White and Red Ranger, Black Dodge 1500, parked right next to you at the ramp during the second weigh-in, Dang I shoulda known that was you.

Mark
Dewayne

Re: That was me

Post by Dewayne »

I don't remember no boat there. SURE TONY!!! :)
Dewayne