Saturday Striper Bite

Hitman

Saturday Striper Bite

Post by Hitman »

Went out this weekend - Saturday - for some striper action. I was able to locate schools near any bridge pillings. Duh spoons were the ticket for me around the bridges. Mostly schoolie sized stripers between 2-8 lbs. No giants yet for me! Did manage a few on swimbaits too. Still can't find the bigger fish.

Did try Disco but no action at all...spoke to a few others in Disco with the same results - nada!

Try again next weekend.....Anyone else have any luck this weekend?

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Long Nguyen

Re: Saturday Striper Bite

Post by Long Nguyen »

Thanks for the report Mike. I didn't get out over the weekend but I'm heading out this evening for a few hours in Disco.

My pops found a pod of fish in Disco Bay on Sunday. I think it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Spooning stripers is a lot of fun once you find them on the graph.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

I agree...it could be hit or miss. It's all timing. I was at the railroad bridge with 3 other boats and I spooned up 6 in a row...I didn't see the other boats get 1 fish while I was there. We're were all with 20-30 yards of each other.

Blue/Silver Duh spoons were the trick for me....good luck tomorrow and post a report.

Thanks

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Hitman wrote: I was at the railroad bridge with 3 other boats and I spooned up 6 in a row...I didn't see the other boats get 1 fish while I was there. We're were all with 20-30 yards of each other.
That's so funny you said that, because I did the same thing last year in the exact same spot. Except there was only one boat, four guys dunking bait anchored right in the middle of the slough. After I caught a few, I moved on to the next piling and eventually to the other side. They moved in the spot where I spooned them....and instead of tossing the bait under the boat...you guessed it...they threw the baits back out in the middle of the channel...go figure.
fishwithwill

Post by fishwithwill »

Hey Long,
Send me your phone number. My buddy keeps tellin me I gotta get over to Disco for better fish. Before I hit a hippo (mud) on the delta I was on good bite with topwater and spoons in Disappointment. I agree about the stripers, they are always up somewhere, make fast decisions and cover alot of likely spots. It does not take long to talk them in to biting if they are in the mood.
How many pops... with this spook... does it take.. to get to. the center of a...... (splash!)
Stripes rule,
William Wright
fishwithwill@aol.com
Burke

Post by Burke »

I went out today and cranked 3/4 oz Rat L Traps (see Delta fishing report). My buddy and I caught 4 keeper size stripers in about an half hour. Just kept cranking the traps across or against current for more lure action. Saw only 2 other boats fishing in the slough.