Guidewear Gear on sale - my new uninsul. Parka for sale

MikeD

Guidewear Gear on sale - my new uninsul. Parka for sale

Post by MikeD »

First off - Cabelas has Guidewear rain gear on sale, some pretty significant savings.

link to the products: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0031148

So I took the opportunity to pick up some insulated bibs and a non insulated parka in a Tall, size 2XL in the Forest Green/Black.

The jacket is too big for me so I was planning on returning it and I've bought an XL in the meanwhile to replace it since Cabelas won't cross ship the replacement.

I thought I'd see if anybody was considering picking up the uninsulated parka and wanted to buy the parka so that I wouldn't have to go thru the motions of returning it. I paid $176 for it plus shipping, I'm asking the $176 that I'd get if I returned it. You'd save the $12.95 shipping fees that Cabelas would charge you and have it right now vs. waiting the 7-10 days to get it shipped to you.

I'll be at Tracy-Oasis on Saturday morning and can deliver it to you if you are fishing the event.

First time I've ever seen the Guidewear up close, this is nice stuff and really well put together. I can see why people rave about it.
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
Calistar

Re: Guidewear Gear on sale - my new uninsul. Parka for sale

Post by Calistar »

I have the uninsul. Parka and love it. I've used it for a couple of years and its been awesome. Good opportunity for someone to pick up a great jacket. I too have the forrest Green w/black.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

here is a link to the sizing chart

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conte ... thing.html

this jacket measures out at

Neck-18 - 18 1/2, Chest-50 - 52, Waist-44 - 46, Sleeve-36 1/2 - 37

bought it a little bit bigger to get some layers on underneath but it ended up too big
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

warning!!!!!....the cabela,s classic guidewear on sale....is no longer made with gore-tex !,I was going to order a new set,at the sale price ,it looked like a deal,untill I read the whole ad....oh well!....my 9 year old cabela's guidewear is still hang'n tough !....
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

not sure what you are referring to - the goretex logo is on the site at the link above and I just cut the goretex tag off my brand new bibs...
Developed in a joint venture between Cabela's and W. L. Gore, this revolutionary material is the toughest fabric to ever incorporate the 100% waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® membrane
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

well, I tried. if no takers then I'll drop it in the mail back to Cabelas tomorrow.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

sorry about that!....I was looking in the 07 master catalog,they only had the next generation guidewear (gortex),& the classic guidewear(dry-plus) I went to there website and saw the reg. guidewear(gore-tex) on sale! got a new set on order! good savings! thanks!..bassrman...