Professional Bass Fishing is a Young Man's Game

crawdaddy

Professional Bass Fishing is a Young Man's Game

Post by crawdaddy »

I was looking at the AOY standings for BASS and since I am a numbers person I ran a few.

The bottom 20 in the AOY race for BASS has an average age of 50.85

The top 20 in AOY for BASS has an average age of 39.85

So if you want to get in the game the statistics seem to suggest that you might want to try sooner rather than later.

Public service announcement for the day.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
monte300

Re: Professional Bass Fishing is a Young Man's Game

Post by monte300 »

Your point is well taken crawdaddy. However, one of the things that I love most about bass fishing is that on any given day an older person can whoop on a younger person. It's one of the only professional sports/activities I can think of where the older person actually has a prayer against a younger person. How's that for staying politically correct?
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

monte300 wrote:Your point is well taken crawdaddy. However, one of the things that I love most about bass fishing is that on any given day an older person can whoop on a younger person. It's one of the only professional sports/activities I can think of where the older person actually has a prayer against a younger person. How's that for staying politically correct?
True...witness Rick Clunn who won an Elite tourney a couple of years ago when he was pushing 70. Also, in 2000, Woo Daves won the Classic at the ripe "young" age of 55. Guess there is hope for us old farts after all :lol:
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

I consider anyone under 75 a youngster. :roll:
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Jboutfishn wrote:I consider anyone under 75 a youngster. :roll:
Me too! The older I get my perception of old keeps going up. I'm 59 so you gotta be in your 90's to be old in my mind!
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Stratos278 wrote:
monte300 wrote:Your point is well taken crawdaddy. However, one of the things that I love most about bass fishing is that on any given day an older person can whoop on a younger person. It's one of the only professional sports/activities I can think of where the older person actually has a prayer against a younger person. How's that for staying politically correct?
True...witness Rick Clunn who won an Elite tourney a couple of years ago when he was pushing 70. Also, in 2000, Woo Daves won the Classic at the ripe "young" age of 55. Guess there is hope for us old farts after all :lol:

Didn't old timer Paul Elias shock the world a few years ago winning a big tourney with the umbrella rig?
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

All very true. But it seems like the "younger" guys in the field perform more consistently. Strange that Clunn and Elias are mentioned and that they are in the bottom 20 of the standings this year.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Jboutfishn wrote:I consider anyone under 75 a youngster. :roll:
This 71 year old "youngster" thanks you... :D 8)
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"