Question regarding Calais DC

lobinaloca

Question regarding Calais DC

Post by lobinaloca »

I'm wondering if a spacer is available for the star drag on Calais DC reels. I like to fish with a tight drag and somewhat loose brake, but the star drag rubs on the cap if I set it to my likings. I've used a combination of settings, I can get the distance I'm looking for with my break, but I have to set my drag very lose so it will not rub. I really dislike the drag set this way, so I have to stick to shorter casts.
Thanks in advance.
bantam1

Re: Question regarding Calais DC

Post by bantam1 »

The cast control knob should not be hitting the star if it set loose. You do not need it so loose that the spool walks side to side in the frame. If you are having trouble reaching your target then you need to play with the DC settings, or send the reel in for service.
lobinaloca

Post by lobinaloca »

Thanks for the response. The spool doesn't have too much side to side play, it's not overly loose. I played with the DC settings, but maybe I need to spend a bit more time doing it. Thanks again.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Play with it a little and then let me know what you find. If you are looking to get more distance then make sure the internal switch is on "L" and then play with the external settings.
lobinaloca

Post by lobinaloca »

Thanks again for the reply, Bantam. I have it on "L", but I will continue to mess with the settings.
Isaac
lobinaloca

Post by lobinaloca »

Tried again today and found that on the "L" setting and set on the lowest external setting, I got what I was looking for. I guess I should have tried more settings before I posted, but I do appreciate the advice, thanks.
Isaac
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

It happens when you have 32 settings to choose from. You can go to X and try a higher external setting as well. Just be careful because the potential for backlash is much higher. I assume you are an experienced caster so this may not be an issue. I run X - 4 with my frogs and I love it. Frogs go to spots that people have only wished they could get one to :lol: