Reminder about Piru Inspections

John Barron

Reminder about Piru Inspections

Post by John Barron »

I talked with Clayton the head ranger at Piru yesterday and asked a bunch of questions. Here is what you need to know. Even though it's already been posted once it is important we do this again.

Piru will be doing the Clean and Dry Inspections before you will be let in. Make sure you are clean and dry including lowering your motor prior to getting to the lake and making sure there is no water dripping out. Be sure your drain plug is out and the biggest mistake people make is putting a bag of ice in your boat. The people at the lake have no way of telling whether the water in your boat is ice water or water from Havasu. So give yourself every opportunity to get in. Throw a dry towel in your livewell and stop before you get to the lake and double check to make sure you are clean and dry. I leave the towel in my livewells so when the inspector looks his first assumption is it's dry because of the towel. If you have been on an infected lake in the last 10 days you will not be let in. See http://www.cleananddryboating.com or the DFG website for the list of contaminated lakes. Basically all the river lakes plus all the San Diego lakes are infected. So if you have been to Havasu in the last 10 days you are out or if you have been on any of the San Diego lakes in the last 10 days you are out.

If you are prefishing have your boat tagged before you leave and that will eliminate the inspections altogether as long as you do not break that seal.

jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products