My A-rig mods......

Kelly Ripa

My A-rig mods......

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I recently posted a lake report and in it I reported I was catching fish on an A-rig. I got a P.M. and I'd like to share my modifications prior to fishing my A-rigs. I have from the on set not liked any stock A-rig I purchased. I don't trust any of the hardware and don't like the connections and on and on.
SO:

I reduce the a-rig to wire and then use #3 hyper wire split ring and then add an appropriate size for the job P line high speed rolling barrel swivel and then another split ring. I use smaller swivels( like a size 12 ) on the blades of the rig and bigger ones ( a size #5 ) for my jig heads. Currently I am using Dirty jigs Tactile bass'n finesse swimbait jig heads to held reduce weight Plus... I am using 3.3 keitechs right now as our bait seems super small this year and am trying to match the hatch a bit better. I've had three dbls. this year on this rig in the last month. When I first did this many years back I threw an A- rig in my pool before and after the mods. and it was hands down better IMHO.

That's it.... the rest is casting and reeling.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
mark poulson

Re: My A-rig mods......

Post by mark poulson »

Thanks for sharing.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY