Salmon in the sloughs?

Kyle46N

Salmon in the sloughs?

Post by Kyle46N »

Anyone seeing any stray salmon in the sloughs branching off the Mokulumne? I went to the backs of Sycamore and Hog several times between 1 Oct and 20 Oct, saw one jump and that was it.
HappyDogBassFishing

Re: Salmon in the sloughs?

Post by HappyDogBassFishing »

I have seen them every year in Whites for the last 3 or 4 years. I am sure they end up lost and swim around the various sloughs until they turn into zombie-fish and die off. Part of the cycle of Mother Nature I guess.
MT

Post by MT »

The remnants of Bear Creek near my house is basically a ditch and most years a bunch get stacked up behind the elementary school. The wardens have a field day with all the dirtbags that go back there and snag them. Lot's of these folks end up going to jail from unrelated warrants and other malfeasance.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I’ll answer my own question. Saw two salmon at the back of Sycamore from 0630 to 0800 today. So they don’t seem to be there at all. Same with Hog...nothing. Fished the Mokolumne from Wimpy’s to Tower Park the rest of the day. My son and I caught about 30 bass, nothing of size. They were smoking a shad colored jackhammer and of course red squarebills on rocks. Could nit get a single fish on any soft plastics....reaction only. Water temps are 59-60 now, huge drop in only a weeks time.