Slow Year for Stripers in Delta

tritonbassripper

Slow Year for Stripers in Delta

Post by tritonbassripper »

It was slow on my two recent trips to Big Break, Sherman Island, and Antioch. We only average 2 to 3 keepers per trip. I did well in Late august and early september that most trips I had at least 10+ keepers and decent sizes as well. It seem like there is not that much of STriper run this year. Anyone got any tip? I saw a guy caught a salmon just outside the big break marina this morning. Not big but look tasty.
fishaddict22

Re: Slow Year for Stripers in Delta

Post by fishaddict22 »

Caught a few shakers and a nice 12 pounder in Frank's this morning throwing fish traps. the big one came on a Lunker Punker. Marked a bunch of fish that I know were stripers between 12-18 feet around the bait. I think the water still needs to cool off a couple more degrees for a big influx of fish. They're still staging further out in the bay it seems.
925_Angler

Post by 925_Angler »

launched bethal monday afternoon during ideal overcast conditions.. burnt quite a bit of gas for 2 fish landed and several other none commitful fish on topwater. one of the fish landed was a doozy, 42.5" and 28#, released... about another week or two and it should really turn on
C&R stripers!
fishaddict22

Post by fishaddict22 »

monday night after fishing most of the day on the delta I drove down to vallejo and fished the carquinez straight and whaked 'em. Mostly smaller fish with a couple 6-8 pounders thrown in. Those fish are definitely waiting to move up into the delta system! Big break will be next! Going tomorrow again to check it out.
ulysi

Post by ulysi »

could it be water is still warm?
fishaddict22

Post by fishaddict22 »

Water is definitely still a bit too warm for the masses to start the migration. Smaller residential fish are around, but more and more fish are moving in by the day. Going to fish Big Break and Frank's on Tuesday to check it out. Need another minor cold front to move in and it should really pick up! Lets hope the water stays clean long enough to hook a few dandys!
ulysi

Post by ulysi »

that would be awsome. well if you ever want to take some one out let me know.. lol
ugly stick

Post by ugly stick »

its still too hot. theres still a bunch of fish in the bay. as it gets colder theyll move out the bay into the delta.
SLoGiN

Post by SLoGiN »

lots of bait around....more bait than the last 2 years....water is too hot but still caught some nice fish last week....my prediction is this will be the best year in the last few years...as soon as the temps drop to the high 50's it will bust wide open....tons of bait and birds and some big big fish already there.........by the way whiskey slough is completely shut down because of hyacynth or however you spell it...theres like a mile of solid stuff from the ramp out....they finally fixed the ramp at tiki with steel plates that extend way out....ramp is great now but whiskey is completely shut down ....they tell me the wackos have made them use a new spray that doesnt work...does not kill it at all....whiskey,empire,mildred...the whole area is pretty thick with it...some 50 x 50 ft islands of it just floating around...release them stripers...good luck out there
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

went out on the 24th in the east delta...lots of bait fish but really small around 2-3 inches...just only small stripers busting them...managed to catch 2 good size salmon on chatterbait!
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***