Stripers at San Luis Res.

Scoot549

Stripers at San Luis Res.

Post by Scoot549 »

Has anyone been fishing San Luis or the Forebay? The Res. is really low and to me other than fighting the winds, there has to be a lot of fish being caught. I fly fished the Forebay a lot until the end of April and have not been back. I am thinking about giving it a shot this weekend if the wind holds. Any tips on what to try I am trying to get one over 14lbs, so far this is my personal best and I know thats small so everytime I cast there is a chance of a real thrill.
bruizer343

Re: Stripers at San Luis Res.

Post by bruizer343 »

If you want a striper over 14 anytime soon you'd best be fishing the delta. Now if your into trying only the louie's I picked days with low wind,no moon. Fish big baits in the shallow bays early am.
Search the points and drops the rest of the time. It's pertty basic there with flies. Leadcore or t14, big flies big fish.

Same goes for the forebay, the count down aint as long. If water is moving in er out fish the current, there are a dozen good deep holes and the weed line and beds can keep you popping all day..

my biggest outta the forebay is 20 and a 27 was taken in my boat.
No telling how many moes came outta the big lake full of water in the rain about 5 years ago,,,just sick.
CN

Re: Stripers at San Luis Res.

Post by CN »

It's slow I cant figure WON magazine they say there killing them in Portuguese Cove,there is no Portugueze cove it is dry.

I fish this lake quit often and my experiance is when it's this low the fishing really isnt that good.Why I have no idea.