Talon Repair Needed near Sonora to Central Valley

Will C

Talon Repair Needed near Sonora to Central Valley

Post by Will C »

I was hoping someone here on the Board has a contact for a Talon Repair. It quit retracting up in Mildred on Saturday. Will not retract manually either. Deployed it and saw the depth indicator lights go off. It is removed from the boat as it drags in the water a bit right now with 2 extensions deployed..
Thanks for any advice or ideas. Bill 209-352-3376
basshol

Re: Talon Repair Needed near Sonora to Central Valley

Post by basshol »

Gone fishin marine in dixon
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

I just went through a similar experience. If it is under warranty Minn Kota will help you find a place to take it. In the Sacramento area I could not find a Minn Kota Authorized Service Center willing to work on my generation 1 Talon which of course is no longer under warrantee. Only 1 out of 4 ASCs said they would fix it if it was a newer blue-tooth model. It is a complicated repair so unless you really know how to work on this type of thing, call all the authorized repair centers off the Minn Kota website that you would be willing to drive to in hopes one will take it. There is a "regional repair center" near Los Angeles that will fix them but you have to ship at your expense if it is out of warranty. Its called the Trolling Motor Doctor in LakeWood, CA (562) 988-9444. I got their name directly from Minn Kota. Good Luck
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

basshol wrote:Gone fishin marine in dixon
Gone Fishin Marine told me they don't work on Talons at all.
JLS

Post by JLS »

Bill, I work on Talons, but I am in Redding Ca. Give me a call 530 246 8051, I am a Minn Kota service center
Will C

Re: Talon Repaired as of today

Post by Will C »

Thank everyone . I was able to solve my issue and am back in business. Thank you all for the input. The ideas were to remove the top cap flush out Mildred Island mud and recheck electrical. Voila Found a bad connection in the battery compartment that was corroded and upon inspection broke easily. Re wired and bench tested looks like all is back in action.
JLS in Redding think I fished with you long ago at Shasta when Aaron was still out here. I remember now that you are the MK guy. Good to know !