Teener Alert 13.66 | New lake record largemouth

WB Staff

Teener Alert 13.66 | New lake record largemouth

Post by WB Staff »

new lake record largemouth teener.png
Since opening to the public on Memorial Day weekend in 2018, a 960-acre recreational fishing lake named Tired Creek has been a fishing gem in extreme south Georgia. Big bass always get the attention of anglers, and Tired Creek Lake in Grady County is certainly producing big bass. The latest is a 13 3/4-lb. giant that when weighed on certified scales two weeks later at 13.66 pounds established a new lake record.

Timmy Manac, of Argyle, was fishing with his wife on Saturday, March 13, on what turned out to be a busy day on the lake.

“There were two bass tournaments going on that day, and I didn’t know it,” Timmy said. “My friend called and asked how we were doing, and I said, ‘There’s more boats in here than water turkeys right now.’ I was looking at my depthfinder, we were in 2 to 3 feet of water, and I said we’ve got to move off this edge. All these boats have the fish pushed back. I started throwing 15 to 20 yards off the bank, my casts were not hitting the bank. She was back off the edge in 4 to 5 feet of water. It worked out for sure.”

FULL STORY: https://www.gon.com/fishing/tired-creek ... 3-6-pounds