thoughts on curado super free versus regular?

Richie Hamilton

thoughts on curado super free versus regular?

Post by Richie Hamilton »

price difference $30 bucks what are your thoughts? thanks, Rich
Gator

Re: thoughts on curado super free versus regular?

Post by Gator »

I use both. I use the Super Free only on my Senko rod. Extremely easy to pitch with and super sommth.

I use the Curado 200 for all my other applications, except for small light topwater baits. For that, I use the Scorpion 100.

I recently broke my Senko rod and switched to another rod with a regular 200 (not SF). I could definitely tell the difference and put my 200 SF on the other rod. So to me, it does make a difference in castability and ease of pitching.

Tight Lines!!

Gator
Mike209

Post by Mike209 »

> price difference $30 bucks what are your
> thoughts? thanks, Rich

I own both and to tell you the truth
both cast great I dealers cost on mine
so I get the super free. I picked up
a Pfluger reel last year and love it
cheeper than the curado and has 4 more ball bearings!
Mike 209
Burke

Post by Burke »

I use both. As the Gator and Mike mentioned, the spin frees do cast further. I love the one that I use with my spinnerbait. The only drawback -- if you have to cast into the wind you have to adjust the brake or you'll birdnest almost every cast.
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »

I have both and also use it on my senko rod. truth fully I cant see much advantage in it and absolutly have more birdnest problems because of it. Im not in any hurry to switch over. if I need the few extra feet a little extra effort dose it.
Richie Hamilton

Re: thanks guys

Post by Richie Hamilton »

I am going to stay with the regular curado's I appreciate the help. Rich
Brad Wellman

Post by Brad Wellman »

Super free all the way. At first they seem similar but once you get the Sf dialed in and get used to it- Huge difference in my opinion. If your looking at spending about 100 bucks the diawa advantage is an awesome reel. I won't buy another curado.
Brad Wellman