Tips For Lake Breakdown with Gary Dobyns

WB Staff

Tips For Lake Breakdown with Gary Dobyns

Post by WB Staff »

gary dobyns on lake breaddown.jpg
Rods & Rigs - Tips For Lake Breakdown

When I’m preparing to fish a tournament, one of the biggest things is breaking down a lake. Whether it’s a lake I fish several times a year, or one that I only get to fish occasionally, it’s important to have a solid game plan.

Now, every lake is different and current weather patterns can influence … but I have a dependable formula for each season of the year. In each season I’ll conduct a thorough search, but these logical starting points help make me more efficient on the water.

WHERE I LOOK
Winter: During the cold season, I’m focusing on main lake, deep water structure where fish tend to cluster for temperature stability. Unlike the spring and fall months, I don’t expect to be running around to find fish on the move. Instead, my winter plan is based on locating several spots close together.

One important variable here is the weather. If you get a warm winter rain, it’s a given that a lot of the fish — largemouth, smallmouth and spots — will run to the creeks for the comfortable water temperature and the increased feeding opportunities in the turbid water.

Muddy water and muddy banks hold heat better; plus, rising water and increasing warmth can hurry the crawfish out of their holes. Bass know this, so they’ll take advantage of the opportunity.

Read the rest: http://www.insideline.net/columns/2019/ ... -breakdown
steve0806

Re: Tips For Lake Breakdown with Gary Dobyns

Post by steve0806 »

Thank you, GD!