Tackle Storage?

cib11b

Tackle Storage?

Post by cib11b »

What kind of Plano boxes are you guys using to store your tackle? I have a Ranger Z175 and looking to get my organization in line. Pictures? Tips? Advice? My old 87 bass tracker had no storage, so this is a huge upgrade for me.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
reddog

Re: Tackle Storage?

Post by reddog »

Best secret I've found for the plastics anyway is to put them on a little metal shower curtain ring and throw them in a little bag. I use little canvas bags from Lowes or Home Depot and just write whats in the bag on the side. Dropshot baits in a bag all together etc. Makes it easy to find with out rummaging through a box and then you can either leave your hooks for those baits in the bags too or get a box for just terminal tackle. With this system they are all together and I can just leave the bag on the deck even when I run. Spinnerbaits and chatters in binders and hardbaits in the boxes with the blue rust defender tabs, flambeau I think.
firebass

Re: Tackle Storage?

Post by firebass »

I used to use Plano 3700 until one stormy day when water entered my tackle boxes. I had to lay all my jigs and hooks out in the sun to dry. I have been very happy with the weatherproof version from Plano in the 3400 series and Flambeau ultimate tuff tainer. They can be found conveniently enough on amazon.
Micropterus salmoides addictus.