Comanche

DG

Comanche

Post by DG »

Does anyone know the actual conditions at Comanche. Seems the state site shows 41% last time I looked, yet there was a post here that said it was full. Want to make the trip down but need to know about ramps, water level, and clarity. Thanks to anyone who knows and wants to share.
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
JakeV77

Re: Comanche

Post by JakeV77 »

havent been out there since February but I know that the main ramp at the north shore is being used, so launching shouldn't be an issue. Can't comment on clarity.
JakeV77

Post by JakeV77 »

michael

Post by michael »

I was just at camanche today. I dint fish, we camped with our rv for a few nights. It's about 45 percent full. Coming up a foot a day. South shores main ramp is not open. The lower level ramp is. The people who work there said it would be May before they opened the main ramp at the south shore. As of right now it's still real low but much better then in the last few years. Their projections are 90+ percent full by end of July. The water coming in right now isn't even the snow melt yet.....
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

From Lake Camanche

Camanche lake levels continue to rise as heavy releases from Pardee flow into Camanche. Pardee Lake is at 99% full and is releasing 1,338 C.F.S. as of this report into Lake Camanche. Camanche is releasing only 243 C.F.S. which as of this report makes the lake 38.94′ to spill level and it was 49.11 from spill level two weeks ago. South shore low water ramp #2 is closed and #1 low water ramp is opened for launching.

The North Shore courtesy ramps are now open.

The Lake is making it’s back into the South Shore cove area and should be usable by June if not sooner. This area was actually completely dry due to the drought but is starting to fill back in.

Caution: Lake conditions are currently still a bit muddy with some floating debris due to continuing rains and releases.

REPEATING OUR BIG NEWS! We receive the official word from Kent Lambert, EBMUD Manager of Watershed and Recreation that they are expecting Lake Camanche to have the south shore main launch ramp open by June if not sooner!