"Pet Bass" found on the water

WB Staff

"Pet Bass" found on the water

Post by WB Staff »

From Angelo

Some one missing there pet Large Mouth I know you tied the end of the leash to a rock but it still got loose I can't find any tags on him so I let him loose I found him in the Spanish flats area around 4 pm im assuming you didn't need him since I found him after tournament hours if you want the leash back and the rock let me know were we can meet
Attachments
12924490_1010873495653872_740469855519499089_n.jpg
12923294_1010873458987209_6988751402690702938_n.jpg
rich mendoza

Re: "Pet Bass" found on the water

Post by rich mendoza »

3 big events in three weekends.... Doesn't suprise me to see that stuff happen.
Owner @ canopygrenades.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

rich mendoza wrote:3 big events in three weekends.... Doesn't suprise me to see that stuff happen.
But it is still lousy!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
MReyes@Pro-StrikeCo

Post by MReyes@Pro-StrikeCo »

That's just sad, I'm glad they didn't find it. what a bunch of losers.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

You guys know people do fish for bass to keep them and take them home to eat right? Just because a fish is on a stringer does not mean someone was cheating in a tournament. Unless there is more to this story then is in the post? Ive seen lots of people on the banks with live minnows or nightcrawlers or crawdads as bait catching bass and putting them on stringers(you know, like a rope). Its not like someone found a cage with big bass in it. That fish looks like an average size fish maybe 2-3 pounds? Am I missing something here?
GW

Post by GW »

did you take it to the vet and have it checked for a micro chip?
cdevette

Post by cdevette »

Champion Jon wrote:You guys know people do fish for bass to keep them and take them home to eat right? Just because a fish is on a stringer does not mean someone was cheating in a tournament. Unless there is more to this story then is in the post? Ive seen lots of people on the banks with live minnows or nightcrawlers or crawdads as bait catching bass and putting them on stringers(you know, like a rope). Its not like someone found a cage with big bass in it. That fish looks like an average size fish maybe 2-3 pounds? Am I missing something here?
your kidding...I hope..really you think that? :lol:
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Not kidding? You don't think a fish has ever gotten away on a stringer before? Lots of meat fishermen at berryessa and Folsom this time of year. There network is strong!

If someone were gonna stash a fish for a tournament, that would not be the one if ya ask me. It's average at best. Not gonna get paid with five of those!
DDG

Post by DDG »

cdevette wrote:
Champion Jon wrote:You guys know people do fish for bass to keep them and take them home to eat right? Just because a fish is on a stringer does not mean someone was cheating in a tournament. Unless there is more to this story then is in the post? Ive seen lots of people on the banks with live minnows or nightcrawlers or crawdads as bait catching bass and putting them on stringers(you know, like a rope). Its not like someone found a cage with big bass in it. That fish looks like an average size fish maybe 2-3 pounds? Am I missing something here?
your kidding...I hope..really you think that? :lol:
+1 I've caught a catfish on a string at shadow cliffs in the past. People do cheat in some way, shape, form however I doubt a person trying to cage or stash fish did it with a quarter pounder with cheese :lol: haha unless they were trying to win a club deal or turkey shoot haha that would just be embarrassing, especially getting caught with that lil thing.
NG

Post by NG »

Funny, I was also thinking "you got to be kidding"...kidding that you thought someone was trying to cheat in a tourney because of one small fish on a stringer. My first and only thought was some poor bank fisherman lost his/her dinner. I hope my guess is right.
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

We were fishing the Anglers Marine tournie at Pyramid on Saturday. I was throwing a rip bait along the rocky shore just next to the ramp when I hooked some fishing line. As I was wadding it up to put it in the boat, it started pulling. The more line I pulled in, I noticed about 10 hooks and one of them had a decent sized catfish on it. At the end of the line there was a big weight on it. We let the catfish go and pulled in all the line and weight and threw it away at the end of the tournie.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Unless he didn't need the fish to upgrade his limit.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
cdevette

Post by cdevette »

You know, I would probably believe the "fish on a stringer" story if you could get another fish on the "stringer "w/o having to remove the fish that is already on it. Unless the "meat fisherman" was going to untie it from the rock that is was tied to. When I was a kid, I too use the same set up for a stringer but it was tied to a stick stuck in the bank so I could add more fish to it. Not a rock. A "rock" come on....anyway, not the first and it wont be the last that stuff gets found that puts a cloud over our tournies.... :D