Delta Bass Fishing - Best Tide Levels

micropterus

Delta Bass Fishing - Best Tide Levels

Post by micropterus »

What is the best time to fish for largemouth on the Delta as far as tide levels play into the equation? I was up there the last week in April and did best on the high tide. My best fish, I had a 5 lb 4 oz, a 7 lb 4 oz, and a 4 lb 14 oz all caught when the tide was highest. I like to fish the tule clumps up against a levee wall but I did good on the tules on some of the islands. When that tide went out it seemed like the bite went with it. I was back up there the last week in May and managed a 4 lb 6 oz again on the high tide. I throw spinner baits 90% of the time. I realize that the fish make the final decision (at their weekly Status Meetings?), but I thought I would get some ideas from some of you regulars up at the Delta.
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!
Freefall

Re: Delta Bass Fishing - Best Tide Levels

Post by Freefall »

For me it's location based. Some areas and techniques fish better at high vs low tide & visa versa. I personally like the first few hours of the outgoing tide.

You were right about the bite moving out with the fish. They pull out with the water. The key is knowing where they go to get bites.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....