Champion vs. Champ. Extreme?

Chad Sweitzer

Champion vs. Champ. Extreme?

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Im getting a 702 Dobyns spinning. Is the Extreme worth the cost? Is it really worth the extra $90? I'm strictly fishing a drop-shot and other finesse baits with it.
Thanks
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Ben Green Insurance

Re: Champion vs. Champ. Extreme?

Post by Ben Green Insurance »

I bought 2 champion models last year for my entry into tournament fishing. The 702S and 701S.
The rod is excellent. I do not have an extreme. I do not think you will be disappointed.
Ben Green
http://www.Bengreenins.com
Business / Boat / Truck / Home / Life
LIC# 0D03631
"We are an insurance agency dedicated to enhancing the outdoor experience for all"
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

have the champ 702 and 703 spinning.. they are straight up awesome rods don't really think spending the extra $90 is needed
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

I have many of both. While I am sponsored by Dobyns, I do think for finesse fishing, the Extreme line is worth it. They are a bit lighter and the sensitivity is better. I personally prefer using baitcasters, even for dropshot or light senko fishing and use the the DX702C rods. When it is windy, I use the DX 742SF. I prefer the longer spinning because I get a longer cast.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

You will not be disappointed either way. The Champion line remains the backbone of our company. I personally fish 90% Champs myself. There are some DX rods I feel I must have and jig rods and spinning rods are my choice. We do sell a lot of DX rods. Honestly though our Champion Series 702 SF and 703 SF are really bad A**!!!. I believe you'll love them, very well balanced and sensitive.
JakeV77

Post by JakeV77 »

I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. I dropshot with a 701 champion and fish senkos and shakeyheads with a 702champion. Great rods, super light and sensitive. I upgraded my jig rod from a 734champion to a 744 champ extreme and I very pleased with the results. Someone once told me that your most sinsitive rod should be your your finesse rod. Usually move sensitive translates into most expensive or most expensive you can afford without buyers remorse. Fishing tackle is funny though, I'll have buyers remorse when buying a new t.v. or buying piece of furniture but when I buy a new rod and reel or get a box of tackle from T.W, all I want to do is get on the water and play with it.
JakeV77

Post by JakeV77 »

On a side note, saw Larry Nixon win in Ultimate Match Fishing yesterday with a Donyns rod in hand.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Larry Nixon is long time personal friend of mine. He keeps telling me how old he is but he's still fishing great. Congrats to the General !!! He's a class act guy!! BTW, some Co-angler that fished WWBT will be making a trip back to fish with Larry too!! This will be a raffle prize.