Merry Christmas Story

scottsweet

Merry Christmas Story

Post by scottsweet »

Hi All,

I have to tell you all about a great Christmas story for everyone to remember to count their blessings....

I was at the Angler's Marine Bassathon representing Rogue Rods. As a part of our booth, I was raffling off a brand new Byron Velvick Swimbait rod with over 300 tickets sold. During the drawing by Rick Grover, Emery Calderilla's name was drawn with no response.

I called Emery to tell him he was the lucky winner and had the rod sent to him. I called to confirm Emery received his rod and he said he had and was so excited to actually be able to fish it. He was so ecstatic and said "you made my year." Little did I know that these were not just words...

You see, last year Emery was diagnosed with intestinal cancer and was given a small chance of survival. He is a father and husband who was clinging on to life for most of this year. Late this year, after extensive surgery and chemo, he was given a clean bill of health. The Bassathon was one of the first fishing events he had been at for quite some time. In his mind, it was God who made his year with winning the rod....and the gift of life.

We hung up and then he called right back and asked me for my address and said, keep your eyes open. I thought he would send me a nice card or note or something thanking me for winning the rod....NOT!

As it turns out, Emery is a craftsman and makes hand made lures. What he actually sent me were two personalized mice lures, with my name on them. I must say, I was very surprised that he would take the time to create such a gift when I personally did little but pick a name out of a box.

Emery, you are a very kind hearted soul to think of others as you have. We all know who is the very lucky one...and God is watching over you!

I hope someday I have the good fortune to personally meet you and thank you for your generous gift when it is you who deserves it most.

Happy Holidays to everyone and remember your blessings by kissing your loved ones and telling them how much you care for them. We do not know how long we will be here...and must cherish that time to the fullest.

Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Brian D.

Awesome story Scott

Post by Brian D. »

...it warms the heart and soul.

Merry Christmas

PS. ... I'll buy one of those mice lures from you before that Jeff Jue fella tries to get them from you. :) hehe Just kidding. They look like fish catchers.

Oh, and good job on the picture post. Technology is your friend.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Pete Marino

That is indeed a great Christmas Story Scott....

Post by Pete Marino »

That type of thing that Emery did for you makes me feel really good inside. Those types of things are Awesome to hear. Emery is obviously a person who appreciated winning the rod when alot of other people out there wouldnt give winning the rod a second thought. Its good to know that there are still people out there who are good hearted like Emery.

8) Pete 8)
Rick G

Re: Merry Christmas Story

Post by Rick G »

Great story Scott. Thanks again for all your help. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Schneider Fishing

Re: Merry Christmas Story

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Great story
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com