ClearLake this week 8/15/2016

DanIsaac

ClearLake this week 8/15/2016

Post by DanIsaac »

Well, as most have heard Lower Lake has burned and the fire continues basically out of control.

As a result the Lake can only be accessed via Highway 20 out of Lakeport, 20 out of Williams, and Highway 175W out of Middletown (which I would not advise). You cannot access the intersection of Highway 29 in Lower Lake.

Please be advised, all arteries around g get lake are extremely busy so major delays can be expected.

Please be advised accommodations are FULL around the lake as a result of evacuations and fire fighting personnel.

Power is off and on in the Lower Lake area as is Internet services so be prepared fuel and food wise if you do come up.

Waiting a couple of days or accessing the lake from Lakeport might be ones' best bet at this time.

As far as the bite, it is still above average but certainly not what it had been over the past three weeks...all in all though it is still pretty good.....just hard to get too excited with all of what is going on.

Prayers go out to all of those impacted by this fire.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
toddmc

Re: ClearLake this week 8/15/2016

Post by toddmc »

I was driving up to the lake from Williams on August 1st about 6 p.m and it looked like there were two intentional fires set on the right of the roadside a few hundred yards apart. A small lone fire truck was putting out the first one and the second one was being put out by a few families with water from their coolers. It looked like some looney had bad intentions and it felt ominous. I never picked up the Record Bee to see if the circumstances were reported.
I hope this latest fire wasn't arson. Thanks for the report Dan.