fishing spots

Bass5851

fishing spots

Post by Bass5851 »

Hey guys I have lived in Chico California for years but I have never found a good bass fishing spot do you guys know of any good bass spots?
Larry Hemphill

Do you have a boat?

Post by Larry Hemphill »

There are folks who use this forum that could talk to you all day about their favorite "spots!" There are fishing opportunities all around Chico. The big first question is about your fishing boat - or - will you be shore fishing?
Bass5851

Re: fishing spots

Post by Bass5851 »

I do not have a boat but may soon.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Oroville and Black Butte are both less than an hour from Chico. It has been several years since I fished either lake, but Tom Gronwall posts about Oroville fishing all the time, good stuff too. You should also pick Larry H's brain about Oroville, Gary Dobyns as well. As far as Black Butte goes, I only fished it once about 5 or 6 years ago but we did OK, not a lot of fish, most were in the 2-3 pound range
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Bass5851

Post by Bass5851 »

Ok thanks I will give those a try
Tom Gronwall

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Oroville works for me, but do need a boat as the walking will kill ya and better fishing locations are not anyplace near access points. Used to shore fish Lime saddle area, right side of the ramp when looking down hill, worked for me a few years ago.
Bass5851

Post by Bass5851 »

Ok thanks i will give that a try this weekend
Dek

Post by Dek »

Well I have not lived in Chico for a long time, but back in the day there were plenty of bass in the dredger ponds over on the Feather river in Oroville. Lots of easy shore access.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Oroville is tough without a boat. It's a canyon reservoir so the banks are really steep most places. There's good access with a road at Forman Creek. Lots of flatter areas to fish here from the bank. Oroville has some good launch areas and a float tube would get you into good fishing action. Oroville is a fish factory. There's tons of spotted bass to catch, really all over the lake too. If you fish Senkos or Robo worms on points, you can't help but catch fish.
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

I would recommend lake Oroville, the Afterbay, Black Butte, Bullards Bar in that order. From a boat in those 4 locations you can usually have a 5 to 10 fish day worst case scenario. A big fish is not out of the question either.
Attachments
Lake Oroville
Lake Oroville
Black butte
Black butte
Bullards bar
Bullards bar
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

Attachments
Afterbay, this year