Deep Cycle Trolling Batteries

surfk9

Deep Cycle Trolling Batteries

Post by surfk9 »

Hey Delta Rats..I'v got a Ranger 375V (only had it a year or so) running a Motorguide 71lbs thrust motor...it currently has
napa 685/550 crank power...i mainly fish the Delta so i understand i need power for tide & wind...should i up the crank power or are these ample??? thanks
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life
TRIXGOTAFISH

Re: Deep Cycle Trolling Batteries

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Since i'm logged on (other can correct me if i'm wrong) but when it comes to trolling motor batteries i don't think you should be too concerned about cranking power as that is mainly to turn over the big motor.

First off are you on a 12V or 24V?
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

sorry about that... left that info out...yes i'm on a 12/24 system...
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

The delta is a different animal. You need way more than any lake. I'm running a 36 volt system with all 950 mca on a 19' pantera. Is it overkill? Maybe, but my batteries don't die. I know guys on 24 v systems running group 31's and happy with that too. I say go as big as your trays allow. Go to battery systems and get the centennial house batteries. They're sealed and last pretty long. Priced reasonable
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I agree with post above on Delta is different animal. Bigger is better there.

I personally have not had good luck with Centennial batteries or Trojan Batteries. I can't explain why, I just didn't have good luck on several sets of them. I've never had any issues with Sears Die Hard, Interstate, or Relion Lithium batteries. So I stick with these brands. I'm currently running Relion and have been for only 7-8 months. So far I love them!!
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

Thanks for the advice gentleman...went with interstate's...couldn't fit group 27's squished for room...see how they perform ... if need be be on the next go around i'll opt for the squished scenario :lol: