Talks cheap, last day to put your money where your mouth is WWBT

kmah

Talks cheap, last day to put your money where your mouth is WWBT

Post by kmah »

Wild West bass trail Lake Shasta pro am. 500 pacific time.

Entry fees
https://wildwestbasstrail.com/entry-fees/

Register
https://wildwestbasstrail.com/wwbt-2017/#!/proam
Office 530-821-0301

My prediction over 140 boats.
Bill Roberts

Re: Talks cheap, last day to put your money where your mouth is WWBT

Post by Bill Roberts »

Just finished a 12 hour drive from Washington. I just signed up, One more boat.
Sponsors:
Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Nixon's Marine, Yakima Bait Co.
Abu Garcia
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Welcome to Cali
Bill Roberts

Post by Bill Roberts »

Thank you, it's been a chore. But I made it!!!
Sponsors:
Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Nixon's Marine, Yakima Bait Co.
Abu Garcia
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

We have a good number of out of state anglers this year. I don't know the exact sign up number but we must be at or close to 140 boats.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Are there any plans in the future to bring tournaments to Don Pedro or new Malone's in the future just wondering :roll:
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Melones events are pretty rare, most likely because that lake fishes SMALL! There are only so many main lake points to throw Hudds over Haha! Even when there are only 20-30 boats on the lake, I notice a drop in numbers, size, and overall activity.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Don Pedro was considered this year. It seems to stay in shape for water usually than Melones. I'm sure Pedro will be talked about again next year too. There's more reasons than anglers realize on lake choices. Here's one to consider. The distance to drive to lake from hotels. The anglers throw a fit about it. Will the community help some with costs? We must bring a large staff to run a Pro-Am with 6 filming guys, live feed guys, a media person, and another 6 guys that help run event, camera boat drivers. There's lots of expenses and we pay more than 100% back to anglers. Also, how difficult is it to get permits to run the event? I'm not talking about Fish & Game permits either. Those are the easiest. Some lakes change over $1000 a day for film permits. We usually film for 4 days. There's a lot more to running events than I ever realized as an angler and a hel* of a lot more in costs. You guys in what we call the Mother Lode area rest assured, Randy Pierson has your backs. He's a respected angler in your area and he's very respected by us too. Plus, I happen to really like Don Pedro and this was before all the Spotted Bass were in there. Another thing, This is tough to put in words without pissing guys off. But here it is. We don't want to go to another lake where we get a lot of locals to fish and they do not follow to other events. This pisses off our anglers that do follow. We have one of these lakes now and I'm going to fix this. If we get good support from anglers in the area, we feel more of an obligation to bring an event to their area. I'm just being straight up here and not sugar coating. So before bashing me, try and put yourselves in my shoes and think about some of the points I've made above.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I cringe every time I hear the word "Cherry Pickers" or "Zip code fishermen". Although there are a few, I think this applies more to team fishing. In the case of Pro-am tournaments, these are more of a major event to some of us. While there is a good group of guys that can commit to fishing the whole schedule there are also a lot of us that have to use up the little vacation time and expendable money we have to fish these types of tournaments and can only afford to fish "local" events to cut down on travel time and expenses. I'm sure a lot of us would Love to fish them all, but have to pick and choose our "major" events wisely. So its not really fair to call out these guys and label them. We all have obligations and family's to support. Weather its WWBT or FLW they should be happy to take our money for one tournament or all of them. :wink:
OG on WB since 1993
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Mike I'm sure there are lots of cases like you describe, but there's plenty of anglers that have the time and money to fish but will not leave "home". They will fish every major event that comes to "their" water only. We are lucky with WWBT right now because we are getting lots anglers to travel. The Shasta Pro-Am this week is running strong on out of state guys.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Gary good luck on your tournament this weekend looks like it going to be good weather for it.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

If you already signed a waiver at the oroville team event do you still have to print and sign a new one for this event?
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Yes Phil. Please sign one. We'll have plenty there as well. THX!!!