jack plate

jetlag

jack plate

Post by jetlag »

Just trying to learn the concept behind the jack plate. I have a 08 ranger 198 VX with a 200 Yamaha V max. I currently do not have a jack plate. My boat runs good and has good speed. I think it is ok but it is my first bass boat. I am interested in a jack plate because I think it is easier to mount talons to the jack plate. I eventually want to put shallow water anchors on my boat. Could there be a negative impact on performance by installing a jack plate? What brand for a manual plate do you recommend? Will it help my motor get out of the way of a total scan transducer? thanks in advance
Bob
Boatmasters

Re: jack plate

Post by Boatmasters »

To put it simply a jack plate gives the engine more leverage to lift the boat. Like using a longer breaker bar when loosening a bolt. This helps with hole shot, less trim is needed to lift the bow, and better handling. Most jack plates also let you adjust the engine height with ease, letting you dial in the correct height for your boat for how you have it loaded.

This is an over simplified answer since there are other variables but you get the idea.

Give us a call at 925 443 5775.
Always happy to help.
Boatmasters
Boatmasters
Livermore, Ca
925 443-5775
http://www.boatmasters.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

BoatMasters nailed it and made it simple. As far as brands There are a few. I have always love the one's made by Bob's Machine Shop. No sponsorship deal or anything here. Just great equipment.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

jetlag wrote:Just trying to learn the concept behind the jack plate. I have a 08 ranger 198 VX with a 200 Yamaha V max. I currently do not have a jack plate. My boat runs good and has good speed. I think it is ok but it is my first bass boat. I am interested in a jack plate because I think it is easier to mount talons to the jack plate. I eventually want to put shallow water anchors on my boat. Could there be a negative impact on performance by installing a jack plate? What brand for a manual plate do you recommend? Will it help my motor get out of the way of a total scan transducer? thanks in advance
Bob
Sent you a PM