tiki vs turner cut launch ramps

bustout

tiki vs turner cut launch ramps

Post by bustout »

Anyone launch at both of these places? Which is better? I have launched out of tiki many times and the thing to watch is the ramp ends and can be an issue at low tide. Was wondering if turner cut launch was any better

also, is this section closed? I wanted to fish the mildred area
thanks in advance
Catmantwo

Re: tiki vs turner cut launch ramps

Post by Catmantwo »

Looks like it within the closed area.
http://www.westernbass.com/forum/downlo ... &mode=view
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

I'd goto disco bay and lauch there. Tiki destroyed my buddies trailer.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Mike

Post by Mike »

Once you get outside of Discovery Bay it is closed also
OG on WB since 1993
Popper

Post by Popper »

If you launch out of Tiki be prepared for the drop at the end of the concrete ramp.

You'll need 4 wheel drive to get the boat out when coming out of the water.
-Unlimited slip won't help

Ed
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

I've launched at both. Never dropped off the ramp at Tiki, but enough others have said they did that the potential is there. Turner is steep, narrow, has a funny angle to drive the boat on, and the ramp itself is canted. I've successfully managed there too, but not the easiest ramp. The ramp at the end of Whiskey Slough isnt great either, but its better than either of the other two you asked about in my opinion.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

It's funny how our experiences differ. I've launched at Tiki and i've never really had a problem. The ramp isn't the best but it works. The road getting to Tiki off HWY 4 is worse then the ramp. Never launched at Turner.

I launched at Whiskey last year. Launching no problem. Came in at low tide with that pipe on the south side running full bore creating a nasty current from the side. At low tide the ramp was probably the steepest i've been on and the side current was a biotch. The ramp also dropped off at the end. I got out but it wasn't easy. I actually thought I may have to wait for some water to come back in and it was getting late. Never again at that place.