Wimpys

nate50

Wimpys

Post by nate50 »

Has anyone launched out of Wimpys lately? I know it had lots of issues in that area this winter. I love to launch there and fish lost slough and way up north in the mokulumne.
kraetzer

Re: Wimpys

Post by kraetzer »

Launched there like 2 weeks ago. They are fixing the rv area and there are some levy breaks heading over to lost and Snodgrass but everything is fishable.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
nate50

Post by nate50 »

How was the water? Muddy still
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Maybe a foot of visibility. Not enough to sight fish but good enough to catch some reaction fish.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

To add i was able to get a backseat yesterday launched out of B&W and made our way to Wimpys and my boater said he's never seen the water that high it was almost to the very top of the ramp!

The RV area was not flooded although he did say it had been recently.

The water was def. very muddy (6" - 1ft if that) but i'm wondering if some of that was due to a couple levee breaks we saw just past wimpy's going north (sorry i'm not very familiar with that area of the Delta yet so i'm not sure of all the slough names etc)

We didn't catch any fish up that way either......
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

The Moke is extremely muddy. Be prepared to be patient with the bite.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....