KastKing Speed Demon reel

Otay Michael

KastKing Speed Demon reel

Post by Otay Michael »

As I was asked on another thread when I mentioned i was using this new reel 9.3:1 ratio reel for frogging, w/ 65# braid, and bringing in lunkers on it, question was did I like it, his new one was having a problem...

Yeah, I'm not used to only paying $69 for a reel, and at that price, I did not expect much. It's working fine, although like some reviewers stated, might need some oil. I've used it a few full days now (8-12 hrs per day frogging), so far so good. Casts a mile, and has horsed some fish in, pretty happy for the price. I'd pay more if they had a nicer version, it does not feel like quality, but I usually don't pay under $150 a reel, up to $300, and you'll feel the difference.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Kyle46N

Re: KastKing Speed Demon reel

Post by Kyle46N »

Thanks for the follow on. And thank you for not letting me hijack that thread...lol. I've been trying to get a Revo rocket on ebay in a bid format, missed out on two the other day because I forgot about the deadline of the bid. If I can't get a hold of one soon, I think I'm going to give another speed demon a try, just to have that 9:1.