Bullards Bar Fishing Report - Video

alesieur

Bullards Bar Fishing Report - Video

Post by alesieur »

Spent a day and a half out at Bullards Bar last weekend. Tough bite…check out the video for more info..
ragtopped

Re: Bullards Bar Fishing Report - Video

Post by ragtopped »

Good video. That lake does fish tough at times
alesieur

Post by alesieur »

ragtopped wrote:Good video. That lake does fish tough at times
Thanks!. I am heading back out there again soon.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Good luck. I hope the wind lays down for you.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Great video!..... good work !... keep em coming !...
steve0806

Post by steve0806 »

Another good video, Hollywood!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Aaron, Thanks for a great video. I am also just learning Bullards Bar. A small group of us from our "Old f**ts" fishing club was up there last Thursday. Most folks struggled. My partner and I managed 11 fish, all were keepers over 13" the biggest maybe 2.5 pounds. We found them in the same depth range as you did, but all of our fish came on steep vertical rock walls, we did not get bit on points. My fish all came on Greg G's Nail shaky head with a green pumpkin Strike King Finesse worm. It rigs weedless but still can get caught in rocks, I lost a couple. My partner caught fish on a Ned Rig and drop shot with a little swimbait on it. It seemed when we pulled up to a wall we would catch a couple fish and then nada. Move to the next wall and catch a couple more. We duplicated this at several places on the main lake and even up the river. We had to fish slow. Maybe next time try dropping your camera along some walls and see what's there.

Pat
alesieur

Post by alesieur »

birdman920 wrote:Great video!..... good work !... keep em coming !...
Thank you!
alesieur

Post by alesieur »

steve0806 wrote:Another good video, Hollywood!
Thanks Steve!
alesieur

Post by alesieur »

Pat wrote:Aaron, Thanks for a great video. I am also just learning Bullards Bar. A small group of us from our "Old f**ts" fishing club was up there last Thursday. Most folks struggled. My partner and I managed 11 fish, all were keepers over 13" the biggest maybe 2.5 pounds. We found them in the same depth range as you did, but all of our fish came on steep vertical rock walls, we did not get bit on points. My fish all came on Greg G's Nail shaky head with a green pumpkin Strike King Finesse worm. It rigs weedless but still can get caught in rocks, I lost a couple. My partner caught fish on a Ned Rig and drop shot with a little swimbait on it. It seemed when we pulled up to a wall we would catch a couple fish and then nada. Move to the next wall and catch a couple more. We duplicated this at several places on the main lake and even up the river. We had to fish slow. Maybe next time try dropping your camera along some walls and see what's there.

Pat
Hey Pat.
Thanks for the comment. It's funny you mention that because I did actually drop my camera on a couple of steep walls on the main lake during the first day and saw some fish. They were all small 1-2lbers so I didn't concentrate on them. When I pulled up to that first point over by DarkDay the school I found the first evening had some 4-7lbers in it but they were gone the next day. I am heading up there again soon and will have some more time to really look around and try to dial something in…stay tuned..
biteme

Post by biteme »

Hudd!!!!