SuperBowl LII Winter Delta Fishing

Caleb.Smith

SuperBowl LII Winter Delta Fishing

Post by Caleb.Smith »

The bite out here has been tough. Small windows and small spots, tough to bump into a good one.
Hope you enjoy.
Whoopbass

Re: SuperBowl LII Winter Delta Fishing

Post by Whoopbass »

I was out there today and it was tough. I caught 4 bass all day. I did well in December so I was expecting the same thing. My first fish came on a senko which took about 1.5 hrs to get. It may have went 1.5 lbs. Couldn't get anymore to go in Whiskey so I went over to Mildred and got one bite and missed it but I bet it was under 10" (dropshot). Went to another area that's close to where Herman & Helen's used to be and caught three. Two 12" and a 2.5#. What I did there was switch to a small jig. Went to a couple more areas where I can usually get bit for nada. It's pretty brutal out there. The 2.5 lber had pinchers poking out of his gullet so their eatin craws.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

My boy and I were out there yesterday. Fished White Slough. We ended up with 10, but nothing big. He had big fish at 4 lbs. The rest were 2-3. Our best five went 14. Everything caught on chatterbaits, except one on a Strike King Cut'r worm and one on a craw square bill. He threw green pumpkin chatter, and I threw a shad color. All of our fish came in 3 feet of water or less. I worked the deeper grass lines with the chatterbait and caught nothing, throw up shallow and get slammed. We did MUCH better in water with some stain verses the really clear areas.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

That's a nice winter bag. I think it was quite a bit windier on Tuesday so I bet that helped the bite or maybe the dirtier water was the ticket or both. Either way it will be a while before I head back out there.
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Ill take anything over 14 this time of year. But the big girls are out there I just haven't connected yet. This weekend will be a good one and should be able to stick some over 6lbs!