Looking for "Bama Rig" that will not break

set'em good

Looking for "Bama Rig" that will not break

Post by set'em good »

Ok, catching plenty of fish on the Bama Rig but mine keep on breaking from time to time.. Probably an old subject but I want one that is not just molded into a head, want one that is one unit with the good components. Don't want to break off a big one on lure failure. Internet researching lead me no we're, any help appriciated..

Set'Em Good
Freefall

Re: Looking for "Bama Rig" that will not break

Post by Freefall »

G Funk A rig.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Double-G

Post by Double-G »

Hey Set Em'
Frenzy Baits has a great rig also, the guys back east have been using them for years to target the stripers. And the guys in the SoCal area have been using them to catch the Spotties in the bay. So with that said, I think they have a proven track record to hold up to big fish. Check it out

Greg Gutierrez
Frenzy Baits
THE DR

Post by THE DR »

Bailey rig. Hand built by Paul Bailey
MT

Post by MT »

They all break.
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

Freefall wrote:G Funk A rig.
Haven't had one of these break and I have caught hundreds on my original. Quality components.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Just remember the stronger the wire the less of the wiggle \ action. Paul Bailey has been handmaking his for some time to throw swimbaits on for those Clear Lake Hitch eaters - I would say that's gonna hold up pretty good.

I also like the Heavy Limits https://canopygrenades.com/collections/heavy-limits Danny makes an excellent 6" A-Rig with a lighter wire then the one above but great for most lake applications.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
dogfish2

Post by dogfish2 »

Check out the Blade Runner Air Head. The wires are unitized at the head so there is no chance of pulling out. Also, they are quite durable and strong, made from a heavy gauge wire and swivels are ball-bearing. Very reasonably priced too compared to other A-Rigs. Sold locally in the Sacramento area. A vendor at ISE could not keep them in stock.