If you need a fishing buddy for Casitas...

benarsenault

If you need a fishing buddy for Casitas...

Post by benarsenault »

Hi all,

I live in Ventura and fish Casitas pretty often but I don't have a boat, and I'm spending an arm and a leg at Casitas Boat Rentals. If anyone wants some company and gas money, I'm your guy. I'm from the east coast and am fairly new to the area, and I'm looking to learn as much about the lake as possible (which is challenging when you rent 8 HP boats without electronics). Whenever I'm at Casitas during an ABA or RTF tournament I keep track of the weights of my five best fish, and when I check the weigh in results I usually do pretty okay by comparison, so I'd eventually like to get involved with the tourneys here. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope everyone's spring season is off to a good start. I'm starting to see them in shallow water and saw a couple bass on beds yesterday before the wind picked up.

Kelly Ripa

Re: If you need a fishing buddy for Casitas...

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I am out on the lake most every weekend or Friday as I have a 40hr 4 day work week.I fish the lake 12 months a year. You are welcome in my boat anytime I have room...Book a date as of right now the next two weekends are full... :mrgreen: This happens when the fishing gets good and it's not freez'n *** cold. I have been on Casitas the last 11 years and I spent 27 years on Cachuma prior to my buying a place in Ojai.I used to spend a small fortune on rental boats 40 odd years ago when it dawned on me my boat payments would be less than the rental boats and I bought my first Bassboat after I won AOY from the backseat in The Santa Barbara Bass Club. If your an Eastcoast guy you still have some SOCal edjimication coming that I can help you with prior to your next step be it a club or tournament fishing.The fish have been shallow for 6 weeks now and there are beds everywhere....This time of year you don't need electronics as somehow the guys in rental boats are always anchored up on my best water anyway... :lol: My Present ride is a 191 Champion with a 200 merc with twin hds10 electronics with structure scan...Should give you an indication to my commitment to the sport. I have always helped others out as it is my way of paying it forward. Shoot me a P.M. and we can chat.

Kelly Ripa
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
benarsenault

Re: If you need a fishing buddy for Casitas...

Post by benarsenault »

PM sent - thanks!