Fishing CA Delta April 30

AKBASSFISHING

Fishing CA Delta April 30

Post by AKBASSFISHING »

California Delta 4/30/2018

Water Temp 65 – 68 Degrees
Visibility 1 – 4 Feet
Wind 6 – 15 mph

Got a late start this morning. Managed to get out around 9:30 this morning. The tide was falling fast so we decided to follow it.

We had no game plan for the day, so more or less just a relaxed day on the river. Overcast skies with a good breeze coming from the south; the reaction bite should be good. Sure enough, the chatterbait got most of the bites, along with some buzzbait fish. The two’s and three’s bit pretty good for a couple of hours, but with the tide falling, the bite shut down.

With most of our cover in only inches of water, we switched to weedlines. The bite was not as consistent as it was earlier, but we managed to catch a few on drop-shots, swimbaits, chatterbaits, and light punching.

By the afternoon, we ground out another handful of bass, but it was a challenge. Crankbaits and Senkos got the majority of our fish. I even caught a three inch bass on a 6 inch Senko; just goes to show you how aggressive the little ones are, and how effective the Tsuyoi Weedless Wacky Hook is at catching fish of all sizes.

With the occasional cloud moving in front of the sun, throwing a buzzbait in shallow water yielded some good bass for my father.

In the end, I started with two rods, but by the afternoon, I had six rods on the deck. All six rods got fish, but that tells you how inconsistent the fish were today. The only good bite we found was in the morning fishing reaction with the tide up. Once the tide fell, the bites got few and far between.

Notes

Caught quite a few pre-spawners today. I’m thinking a batch moved up with the full moon, but with the cooler temps, the majority are still waiting for the weather to stabilize.

I threw six rods today, all six got fish. There was no “go to bait” for today. That said, chatterbaits and drop-shots got the better fish for the day.
Attachments
20180430_120813_HDR (2).jpg