Hollow body frogs...

roaddog

Hollow body frogs...

Post by roaddog »

What does everyone prefer when it comes to hollow body frogs? Silent or Rattle? I’m trying to really fine tune my frog fishing this year. I’d really like to know what your opinions are as well as the advantages and disadvantages to both the silent and rattle hollow body frogs.
- When do you prefer a silent hollow body?
- When and where do you throw a hollow body with a rattle...???
I’m open to all opinions and suggestions as I need some work on my frog’n this year. I mainly fish the Ca Delta, with a foothill lake or two thrown in once in awhile. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Side note: I mainly fish the Snagproof Phat Frog (which has a rattle), and a Livetarget frog (which is silent).
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Hollow body frogs...

Post by ash »

Adding rattles, weights and bells has been a long time modification to hallow body frogs. I dont think the lil rattles they put in the Phat frog really make that big of a difference between strike or not. The bells may add a lil bet more of a vibration if it is a tough day and you really need to just shake an shimmy that frog in the tulle pocket or cheese pocket - but I dont think the fish are going well i like the sound of that!

I think fish strike frogs mainly as something on the surface is an easy get the bass has them trapped. If the fish is territorial they will hit anything in that zone as a swipe.

So honestly it comes down to your confidence in the bait vs rattle no rattle -
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
roaddog

Post by roaddog »

Thanks ash, for the advice/ info. Greatly appreciated.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Rattles all the way. ESPECIALLY on stained or choppy water. I pretty much only throw the popper frog, can't have too much noise on the surface if you want the bigger fish. Yeah, the one pounders run, but so do the biggies, just in opposite directions from/to the bait! That's what I got my 11.6 two weeks ago on. :wink:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.