Boston to Los Angeles

randybass

Boston to Los Angeles

Post by randybass »

Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I are getting ready to move to Los Angeles as she is going to be going to USC for Medical School. Right now we're up in Boston and are trying to get a feel for L.A. before we get there (and of course I'm trying to get a feel for the fishing/boat situation as well).

From what she has gathered most of the Medical Students live in Pasadena or the Silver Lake/Los Feliz/Echo Park neighborhoods - naturally, this is where she wants to focus on moving to.

My question with this, and for all you of familiar with the area, is how is the housing situation and how is the situation as far as parking a boat/trailer in those areas? Safety in a neighborhood is her number one priority for running and things of that sort. Is it possible to find a place that can suit a boat/trailer as well?

And of course, what are the best and closest lakes around?

Looking for any and all advice - thank you all in advance!
christopherstellar

Re: Boston to Los Angeles

Post by christopherstellar »

Randy,

Welcome to LA! My wife and I have been living in South Pasadena for the past 3 years and love it. Most of my friends who don’t have kids yet live in either Old Town Pasadena or in Downtown LA itself. In terms of keeping a boat and trailer, I would absolutely not recommend street parking. The two lakes you will be fishing the most are Lake Castaic and Pyramid Lake. Find a storage facility nearby and you will be much happier and your equipment will be much safer. Below is my cell phone if you want to text me with additional questions. Congratulations to both of you as USC is a great medical school and residency program!

Chris 626 437 1878