Lowrance HDS GEN3 Structure not working

Moderator: Ken Sauret

tatkins85

Lowrance HDS GEN3 Structure not working

Post by tatkins85 »

I bought this boat used and the previous owner had the boat set up with 3 Lowrance HDS gen 2&3 units with point antenna and the 3D imaging, all networked together with NMea 2000 and the 3D structure box.
The units themselves were sold but everything else left in place. I got a new HDs9 gen 3 and a HDs9 gen 2 for the front and plugged all the wiring that was left in place in. The wiring for the 3rd unit that I don’t have or use is tucked under the dash left alone. Since then I have been unable to get the units to network, share gps or anything. The structure scan on the gen 3 also does not work and just comes in black screen with a line running down the screen but the structure depth does read properly while in the water.
My only option for any source on any unit only says “This Unit”.
It does read the point one antenna and I can get the units to use that? So some sort of connection is coming through.....
Any one have any suggestions?
NoCAL

Re: Lowrance HDS GEN3 Structure not working

Post by NoCAL »

Check that the 3D module is on. Sounds like it has no power.

NoCAL
tatkins85

Re: Lowrance HDS GEN3 Structure not working

Post by tatkins85 »

Thanks, I figured it out. The yellow turn key power to the 3D box was jumping power from the 3rd unit that was no longer in the boat. So it was never getting power. Moved it over to accessory power and fixed everything.