Tackle Managment Systems?

drdetroit3

Tackle Managment Systems?

Post by drdetroit3 »

Get a new boat next month, I have seen a bunch of systems that attach to the bottom of lockers and livewells, wondering if any one has any good products or ideas? Also any ideas for organizing tackle, line storage, culling ball storage, rod lockers, ect?
mark poulson

Re: Tackle Managment Systems?

Post by mark poulson »

I think keeping your soft plastic baits in their original plastic bags, and putting those bags in larger bags, or lager hard plastic containers, is the tip I'd give you. Take the time to measure your tackle compartments/lockers, and find some containers that fit them well. Square cornered, flat sided containers fit closer together, so they let you carry stuff more efficiently.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Pat

Post by Pat »

In previous boats I have used rod organizers. In my current boat I use rod sleeves or gloves, whatever you want to call them and I actually like that much better. I think It makes better use of the space and the rods don't get tangled up.
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

I don't care for the rod racks. It's harder to get the rods in and out because of the tubes, and you can't carry as many rods as you could if you didn't have the rod racks in the locker. I like to use hard boxes for everything except spinnerbaits, and soft plastics. For those I use "wallets" or soft sided storage.