Fishing CA Delta June 21

AKBASSFISHING

Fishing CA Delta June 21

Post by AKBASSFISHING »

California Delta 6/21/2018
Water Temp 70 - 72
Visibility 2 – 3 feet
Wind 0 - 13 mph

Launched the boat at 7 morning. The tide was steadily moving out and the water was like glass. With conditions so calm, I assumed the surface bite would be good.

At my first stop, I pulled out the old frog. After 45 minutes and many rolls, the fish did not want the frog. I think the water was too calm. Seeing the fish in this negative mood, I switched to a crankbait, but this only yielded small fish.

I made three more stops, and the fish all reacted the same way. Finally, I put down the reaction bait, and switched to a Senko. Immediately, I got bit. Following this pattern, I fished outside weedlines for the remainder of the morning with good success.

By late morning, the wind had picked up and the tide had started to come back in. I switched back to reaction baits since the weightless Senko was hard to fish in the wind. The chatterbait and craw crank again produced for me, but surprisingly, the crank got the majority of my better fish. Yes, you will go through many 10 – 13 inch fish, but had some fish up to three pounds eat.

The sun was high, but as long as the water had a good ripple on it, the reaction baits produced. That said, I found some protected areas and could not buy a bite on reaction baits. Switching between the Senko and light punching filled the gaps.

With the temperature rising and my patients for the ski boat who seemed to be following everywhere dwindling, I called it around 3 in the afternoon.

Notes

The bite was tough for me today. Lots of fish, but size was the issue. The Senko with the Tsuyoi Weedless Wacky Hook and crankbaits got me better bites, but nothing over three pounds.

Fished my post-spawn spots and still have yet to see the numbers in those areas.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-06-21-21-02-11.jpg
TRIXGOTAFISH

Re: Fishing CA Delta June 21

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Always a good read thanks for posting these up regularly!
aaafffqqq

Post by aaafffqqq »

Solid report. Thank you very much. Sorry about the skiers but it is that time of year for them.
th365thli

Post by th365thli »

Your reports are really helpful man, keep it up!
Goin'Ike

Post by Goin'Ike »

Awesome Report, Always looking forward to read your report weekly. Keep it up bro. :D
monte300

Post by monte300 »

aaafffqqq wrote:Solid report. Thank you very much. Sorry about the skiers but it is that time of year for them.
I never thought I would say it but I don’t mind skiers, it’s the wakeboarders I despise!
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

If it was tough for Andrew then I don't stand a chance. :lol:
thanks for the report.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Get out of the south and you won’t have to worry about skiers or wakeboarders. You’ll also more than likely find better fish in other areas of the Delta. Punch, Frog, crankbait and buzzbait or plopper for the next 3 months. Nice reports!