Fishing Oroville Lake 07/20/2018

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville Lake 07/20/2018

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Got launched right at 5:30 am, stopped fishing at 9:am as is was getting hot!! Nothing special day, other then just about any structure holds fish, all smaller for me today. Made about 5 stops and picked up 27 fish, all mostly all 12-13" size, and a few 10" dinks, actually all dinks today. Best fish right at 13". Water hot now, 82 degree range and calm as can be, no winds!! Pat attention to where the stick weeds are growing, right above high water line this year. They grow to 3-4 feet tall, loose the leaves, leaving sticks. When they go under water next year, they will hold fish well, always caught quality fish in the stick weeds. Mark your maps, mental notes, as the lake has lots of them growing this year. Got a picture for those that don't know about them.
GOPR0370.JPG
Attachments
GOPR0371.JPG
Kennortonjr

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 07/20/2018

Post by Kennortonjr »

Appreciate your report as always, and that information on the stick weeds. It is my first year fishing the lake from a boat and I have noticed all the weeds at the high water line, but would not have figured they “stick” around to provide cover. Thanks for all your insights!
Tom Gronwall

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 07/20/2018

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Some of my better fishing has been in the stick weeds, mark maps, or remember them! Just hope we get more water next year!! and they go under a good 15-20 feet or better.