Odyssey Extreme series batteries in bass boat???

FredP

Odyssey Extreme series batteries in bass boat???

Post by FredP »

Looking for thoughts and comments about these batteries.

Thanks
Fred
scottsweet

Re: Odyssey Extreme series batteries in bass boat???

Post by scottsweet »

Yes. I have them and have been using them for 10 years. Yes, I am sponsored, but they are hands down the best battery, with the best warranty in the business. They use new lead and have a 4 year warranty. I have some discount coupons if you like to save you a few bucks.

What kind of boat and do you have the room for 31 size batteries? 36V trolling motor? If so, the 2150s are the best. They are heavy(~80lbs), but you cannot go wrong. I run 4 of them.

I run my Odysseys with a Stealth 1 Charging system. They keep both my cranking and 3 trolling motor batteries topped off on every run.

Real story here...I was at Clear Lake this past weekend. We fished on Friday evening for about 3 hours, two 6 hour tournaments on Saturday, 1 6 hour tournament on Sunday with the live wells running all day on Sat and Sun AM. I have 2 large Humminbird graphs that were on for all the days. I never plugged in. I use a Stealth voltage gauge for both my cranking and trolling batteries to monitor things. All was good. When I got home, I plugged in and within 12 hours my batteries were at 100%.

What other questions can I answer?
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
FredP

Post by FredP »

Scott this Fred Preston from the nutcase. I have a 24 volt trolling motor Minn Kota was thinking about a 27 or 29 series for the trolling motor and something with 1000 cca for the starting motor and electronics. I run a 200 pro xs 2017
Weight is a problem for my boat with the talons on the back.
drew

Post by drew »

Grp 31 for starting and 2 X 27 for the TM. You should check out the thread below.

post603123.html#p603123
FredP wrote:Looking for thoughts and comments about these batteries.

Thanks
Fred
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

I have one I am looking to sell if anyone is interested, name the price. located in Oakley. Was using it as a cranking battery, Merc 250hp and thought I had a battery issue but ended up being something else. Figured it out the hard way after all new batteries were installed etc.

Jason

925-Five84-777Seven
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

AGM: 31M - PC2150
CCA - 1150
Reserve Capacity -205 Minutes
Trolling Thunder / Marine Dual Purpose