Mildred Island

Jtong

Mildred Island

Post by Jtong »

Tuesday, July 24th, my brother and I were out fishing in the are of Mildred Island area. We saw green particles of algae floating in the water. Does anyone know if the water is safe? Does it have any effect on the fish?
Daniel Rodriguez

Re: Mildred Island

Post by Daniel Rodriguez »

What I think it is supposed to be is from them spraying the water to combat the weeds. I was out there the last two weeks and its been ugly like that.
rico

Post by rico »

All the signage that is posted concerning the blue/green algae says no contact with the water and to NOT eat the fish
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Jtong wrote:Tuesday, July 24th, my brother and I were out fishing in the are of Mildred Island area. We saw green particles of algae floating in the water. Does anyone know if the water is safe? Does it have any effect on the fish?
As posted by WB, here is what the toxic Algae looks like..... does not really look like "green particles". Perhaps a picture would have helped your post.
Blue-Green Algae.png
Blue-Green Algae.png (303.41 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
Jtong

Post by Jtong »

Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures of the water.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Jtong wrote:Tuesday, July 24th, my brother and I were out fishing in the are of Mildred Island area. We saw green particles of algae floating in the water. Does anyone know if the water is safe? Does it have any effect on the fish?
Please practice catch and release when fishing for largemouth bass in the delta and all other bodies of water. DO NOT EAT!
Jtong

Post by Jtong »

Yes we do catch and release.