I might have just buried you in your fishing boat ... Mini Fishing Boat Caskets

WB Staff

I might have just buried you in your fishing boat ... Mini Fishing Boat Caskets

Post by WB Staff »

casket boat.png
gloryboatcasket-png-1532703598.png
Arkansas company makes caskets that look like mini fishing boats

Joel Schmidt sat bedside while his father rested in a hospital bed, recovering from a horrific fall off a ladder. At the time, the Little Rock, Arkansas resident was unsure if his then-74-year-old father would make it.

Schmidt was reminded of decades earlier, when his father would rush into his room in the early morning, prying him out of bed to have breakfast and get a move on to go fishing. Schmidt said that to this day, the activity "never gets old."

They would rush out to their local lake by sunrise, fishing rods in hand, patiently waiting for their next catch.

As Schmidt sat beside his ailing father, he joked about his father's burial to lighten the mood.

"If you hadn't told me what you wanted, I might have just buried you in your fishing boat," he said.

That's when the idea for Schmidt's creation came about -- caskets that appear to be miniature fishing boats. His company, Glory Boats, makes customized caskets for those who love the outdoors and reeling in some fish. Their slogan, "Celebrating the lives of outdoorsmen," captures this very message.

Read the rest at CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/glory-boat ... l-schmidt/