WTB used Blue top Optima batteries

W.C

WTB used Blue top Optima batteries

Post by W.C »

Hoping someone has a slightly used set of Optima Blue top Batteries group 31 for sale with still a lot of life on them or if anyone knows where I can get some New ones at a great price please text or call me. I need Three if new . hope someone can cut me a break on them. Please text me at 209-597-9307 my name is Will C.
Rod Martin

Re: WTB used Blue top Optima batteries

Post by Rod Martin »

I have some setting around. Want to stop by , we can work something out :shock: :)

Now question for you . You said Group 31. How long on a charge do you get when you are working them hard ? Ever had a day when you had to shut down early because you're batteries were slowing down ?
I put a 112 TM on but my little boat is loaded pretty heavy so I'm thinking I might could go to a smaller group size to help drop a little weight.

Thanks
Rod
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

I have 3 27 blue tops and they run strong all day. I run them hard. No problems so far.
W.C

Post by W.C »

Rod Martin
Yes, it seems that my Optima batteries are weak after just a few hours. I fully charge them till all lights on charger are green but when I get on the water they drain fast especially if its windy.... I don't have your mind of money so I need to find some good used one's. I prefer Optima's because they are lighter and after I put talons on my boat it struggles to get on pad . have to keep weight of batteries into consideration now.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

W.C wrote:Rod Martin
Yes, it seems that my Optima batteries are weak after just a few hours. I fully charge them till all lights on charger are green but when I get on the water they drain fast especially if its windy.... I don't have your mind of money so I need to find some good used one's. I prefer Optima's because they are lighter and after I put talons on my boat it struggles to get on pad . have to keep weight of batteries into consideration now.
you struggle :lol: I'm running 4 group 31 at 60lbs a piece plus a talon, plus made one of my extra dry compartments an extra live well ( never can tell when you may need that extra room) my big a$$ and a nonboater. I had to drop down to a 16" four bladed prop to run the little boat :shock:
But I can almost ski behind it when I kick the TM on high

I thought optima batteries were light but the weight stated is the same as my wet cell batteries.

I was thinking I could drop to the 34 series around 38 lbs per battery and save about 80lbs. After all I run easier than you do.

Trojan sc225s more power and only 6lbs more weight per battery. and less money..............
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

Will Are those the ones you got from me? Len
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7dd34b3127ccec0ca2f54d84500000010O00AbtGbho2bsmIPbz4Q/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]
W.C

Post by W.C »

LEN B wrote:Will Are those the ones you got from me? Len
Yes Len
Two of the three tested bad and are no good but I definitely feel i got my money's worth out of them . thank you so much for selling them to me and please let me know if you have another set you want to sell me .
209-597-9307 text me anytime
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

Sure will. :)
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7dd34b3127ccec0ca2f54d84500000010O00AbtGbho2bsmIPbz4Q/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]