Ok for a Fiberglass Bass Boat Out of Colusa?

wgallaher

Ok for a Fiberglass Bass Boat Out of Colusa?

Post by wgallaher »

Does anyone have any advice (boating wise, I'm not asking for fishing tips) for the river around Colusa? I want to take my boat out there in the fall but it's a decent drive and I'm not sure if you need an aluminum boat or will mine be ok? Thanks
Fish Trap

Re: Ok for a Fiberglass Bass Boat Out of Colusa?

Post by Fish Trap »

I have fished up there for the past 20 years out of a jet boat. A lot will depend on the river flows and how high the river is. There are lots of underwater trees, sand bars, etc. It is possible to run it with a prop if you know the river and the flow (height) but most used jet boats. The locals that know the river will run ski boats on it no problem. I, personally, would not take my bass boat on the river up there.
wgallaher

Post by wgallaher »

Fish Trap wrote:I have fished up there for the past 20 years out of a jet boat. A lot will depend on the river flows and how high the river is. There are lots of underwater trees, sand bars, etc. It is possible to run it with a prop if you know the river and the flow (height) but most used jet boats. The locals that know the river will run ski boats on it no problem. I, personally, would not take my bass boat on the river up there.

Thanks! That's about the answer I was thinking I was going to get. Much appreciated for confirming.
MGJR

Post by MGJR »

Unless you know that reach...I would not