Dual Pro PS3 3 bank 15amp Charger

JL

Dual Pro PS3 3 bank 15amp Charger

Post by JL »

Just installed a new 3 bank dual pro charger and 3 new batteries. After plugging in the charger and charging my batteries, I unplugged the charger. I now get a green light that flashes one bank at a time. This is happening with the power disconnected! Is this normal operation?? My old dual pro did not do this. Thanks.
rico

Re: Dual Pro PS3 3 bank 15amp Charger

Post by rico »

If the charger isn’t plugged in to the wall outlet, there shouldn’t be any lights. maybe on the newer models the light is telling you that each battery is charged.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

rico wrote:If the charger isn’t plugged in to the wall outlet, there shouldn’t be any lights. maybe on the newer models the light is telling you that each battery is charged.
My "new" 3 bank dual pro charger (two years old) doesn't blink when it's unplugged, but it will show me if a battery is hooked up wrong, and prevent ruining either the battery or the charger.
The technology today is great, especially for us "challenged" boaters. :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JL

Post by JL »

Thanks Mark! My old one didn't either, but on another forum I was told this is "normal" I'm going to call Dual Pro on Mon morning to find out!
JL

Post by JL »

I was contacted by Dual Pro today about my Charger. They say that this year's model is the one that the green charge lights will flash one bank at a time when power is disconnected. I never had seen that in any of the battery chargers I have ever owned.
rico

Post by rico »

JL wrote:I was contacted by Dual Pro today about my Charger. They say that this year's model is the one that the green charge lights will flash one bank at a time when power is disconnected. I never had seen that in any of the battery chargers I have ever owned.
So is Dual Pro saying that when the charger is unplugged, it's drawing from your batteries to keep the green lights flashing? Doesn't seem right
JL

Post by JL »

I am not an electrical engineer, but I'm thinking it must have a capacitor in it that stores enough to flash the lights. I was kinda thinking what you thought, but if it was taking power from the batteries eventually it would drain them.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

rico wrote:
JL wrote:I was contacted by Dual Pro today about my Charger. They say that this year's model is the one that the green charge lights will flash one bank at a time when power is disconnected. I never had seen that in any of the battery chargers I have ever owned.
So is Dual Pro saying that when the charger is unplugged, it's drawing from your batteries to keep the green lights flashing? Doesn't seem right
Have you observed them over a period of time to see if they eventually stop flashing?
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
JL

Post by JL »

Yes! Two days later they were still flashing, one bank at a time.
rico

Post by rico »

JL wrote:Yes! Two days later they were still flashing, one bank at a time.
What does it mean when only two of the lights flash, is one battery not charged? Do you have the owner's manual?